GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dude's R Build

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
Installed BFI Stage 1 engine and tranny mounts. NVH did increase a little but in a pleasant way that makes the driving experience more visceral. I haven't driven with AC on yet but you feel a tiny bit of vibration (on top of the bit that the BSH pendulum mount + Spulen dogbone insert adds). You feel it most in low rpm situations or on deceleration but it's pleasant. On hard acceleration, you do hear more of the engine and, to me, it simply sounds like I plugged my Soundaktor back in. All positive stuff. Shifting feels great and no more engine rocking back and forth on hard acceleration. Very happy.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Installed BFI Stage 1 engine and tranny mounts. NVH did increase a little but in a pleasant way that makes the driving experience more visceral. I haven't driven with AC on yet but you feel a tiny bit of vibration (on top of the bit that the BSH pendulum mount + Spulen dogbone insert adds). You feel it most in low rpm situations or on deceleration but it's pleasant. On hard acceleration, you do hear more of the engine and, to me, it simply sounds like I plugged my Soundaktor back in. All positive stuff. Shifting feels great and no more engine rocking back and forth on hard acceleration. Very happy.

very similar results to what i got yesterday when i reinstalled and tried a new pitchstop mount. just more growl overall, my starter sounds more precise on startups.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
very similar results to what i got yesterday when i reinstalled and tried a new pitchstop mount. just more growl overall, my starter sounds more precise on startups.

Nice. The rexy is coming along nicely. I took her out for another spin with the radio off and noticed a horrendous door rattle coming from the passenger side. I'm gonna tear into that today. Heading to local dealer to grab some extra door clips as I expect to break a few.:laugh:

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
Just curious what made you choose the BFI mounts?

I'm about to add motor and tranny mounts to go along with HPA subframe bushing and I'm between 034 (not the billet mounts) and the BFI full mounts.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
Just curious what made you choose the BFI mounts?

I'm about to add motor and tranny mounts to go along with HPA subframe bushing and I'm between 034 (not the billet mounts) and the BFI full mounts.

I think 034 has a better warranty and the BFI may tend to wear sooner but I'm not sure about that... I've just heard of guys tearing them up with lots of track use and I really don't track so I'm not worried about that so much. I think you'd be good with either. I got the 15% off with free shipping deal from BFI so that pushed me over the edge one night as I was drunkenly browsing the forums:laugh:

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
I think 034 has a better warranty and the BFI may tend to wear sooner but I'm not sure about that... I've just heard of guys tearing them up with lots of track use and I really don't track so I'm not worried about that so much. I think you'd be good with either. I got the 15% off with free shipping deal from BFI so that pushed me over the edge one night as I was drunkenly browsing the forums:laugh:

Is the 15% off still valid?

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
Before:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
How many miles was it before you had it done? And do you have a catch can?