GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Enter @ Own Risk

Snoopy1

Ready to race!
Must admit the way prices are in the UK at the moment (VW putting prices up and the high price of mk6 golfs anyway) im thinking of either waiting till its out a year and buying secondhand saving probably £6000+ the way secondhand prices are and just keeping what i have for this year.
or
maybe just picking up a pirelli mk5 or edition 30.

I think im thinking more like this due to the polo mk5 i watched at the motorshow and now its going to look so much like a mk6 golf.

GTI2007

I'm also still doubting between going for an MK5 Edition 30 GTI or the MK6 R20 cause I'm still not sure if I really want Haldex or not

Snoopy1

Ready to race!
Is it just me that thinks the polo will make the golf blend in too much

GTI2007

I just went to the VW Germany website and saw that the MK6 GTI is now available for looking up on the website and also configurable with their configurator. Prices start at 26,650 € for the 3 door 6 MT version

PS: Seems like you just beat me with that info cause I was playing around with the configurator

GTI2007

It has the same wheels in Germany as the MK5 GTI which are the stock 17" Denvers and the optional 18" Detroits

Snoopy1

Ready to race!
As i said above Germany always has a very low spec car as a base to start with then you can add what you want or don't want it was the same with the mk5 and previous golfs. Its always far lower spec to the rest of europe, maybe the germans either like to spec them to there own levels or don't want gadgets but it has always been that way.

GTI2007

That's indeed very true. Now I'm getting curious to what is going to be standard or optional on the MK6 GTI here in Belgium. I already know that I like the leather seats much more then the stock fabric ones but I put on pics so you can decide for yourself:

Fabric.jpg

Leather.jpg

Snoopy1

Ready to race!
I know what you meen. Here in the UK leather was standard for the last couple years on the mk5 GTI. Alot of people complained they wanted the cloth but with the new mk6 GTI i would much rather have the leather after living with the cloth for near 4 years in our mk5. I also don't think the cloth in the mk6 GTI is as nice as it was in the mk5 GTI for some reason.

PS Your photos don't work all we see is a nice picture of a call centre women from VW.

GTI2007

Seems like VW doesn't like when you hotlink their pics so I attached them using the tool here and edited my post to include them

Snoopy1

Ready to race!
It would have to be leather for me i just hope they don't ask silly high prices for it like they ahve done in the past.

I do wish they had kept the golfball gearknob from the edition30 mk5 that a couple of the concept cars had on.

GTI2007

In Germany they ask 1,850 € for the leather package which is IIRC the same as it costed for the MK5 GTI