GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"Exhaust Tips Cleaned" last weekend {Exhaust Teaser Exclusive P2Spec/GolfMk6}

Ben1

Go Kart Champion
What are you doing to me Ben. Your such a tease not even giving us a sound clip of it.
Soon my friend, VERY soon! ;D

Sick! Seriously, the MKVI is getting some quality stuff made for it. I know it is unlikely but will there be any MKV stuff? Perhaps a DP which will also fit the MKV TSI?
Possibly, though the main focus from all of our tech talks with Vangaurd seem to focus squarely on an extremely high quality exhaust system (catback being a priority).

those tips look awesome - I would sign up for just those
Definitely keep this thread subscribed ;).

WOW Vanguard exhaust...you are not kidding. If they could incorporate a 4" Titanium tip option to the system (like Ultimate-Racing does), I would jump on this right away. Any options of doing it catless?
Another possibility here being that the exhaust system is completely modular, as depicted by the next post ;).

Needs about 3 more stickers to complete the overall package imo.
We might have to take you up on that - been having a problem lately with people abusing some photos... might as well make half the car red, right? Hm...

Oh Ben, you already know you're going to be writing up another invoice for me soon, huh?

You bastard!
:drool:

I want details! The tips make it look too good! Does it sound as great as it looks?
Invoice is in the mail Jeremy! Meet you outside the CVS in Texas again, deal? :). And it does, subjectively to my opinion, of course.

let's see that videoooo
:thumbsup:

Ooh noice!!!:)
Swing by again Panda, you might have to car swap again when you get things sorted out with that K04!

Ben1

Go Kart Champion
56k = nuts, post #1.

P2Spec is absolutely honored to present the world's FIRST Vanguard Performance Exhaust system specifically created for the Golf MK6 GTI.

Vanguard Performance GTI (MK6) Exhaust
(Prototype/Production, fitted and tested exclusively by P2Spec)

Specifications:
2.5" Full Stainless Steel (T304) Catback System
w/ ALL Mandrel Bent Construction
Full Stainless Tig Welding
102mm Adjustable Exhaust Tip (2xWall, Polish Finish)
"Suitcase" Delete for additional weight savings

As you could imagine, we were quite excited to receive the first "prototype" test unit (our very own Dirty Candy being the test dummy, of course), and were quick to aid Vanguard with the preliminary install and checkpoints. The modular CB exhaust system united with the OEM midpipe like a glove, no questions asked, slipping precisely into the OEM CB-Midpipe sleeve. There are no surprises here upon installation.

And on second note, every single connection and junction point that the system had with itself (4-piece) fit just as easily as the next, snug, precise and dare I say it, completely leak-free after tightening down these babies:

Adjustable clamps to ensure perfect fitment and location of the rear tips. In our installation, there is ample room to adjust the entire exhaust and tips fore/aft to your liking AND spaced laterally to position.

Alligator skin precision welding for the dual-exhaust tip junction.

After observing that there would be no place that any part of this CB exhaust would come close to being in contact with any heatshields or surrounding hardware... it's hard to refer to this exhaust as a "prototype" as I would happily call this a production model.

Another angle of quality mandrel bent construction :).

And lastly, as an enthusiast myself first and foremost, Vanguard Performance is a name trusted in completely high-end, mainly BMW market exhaust products and fabrication projects. It's great knowing that these companies are willing to branch out to our side of the arena - and if you ever have the chance to speak with their info/tech guys, you'll know that the product is backed by some of industry's best... and to think, we first met up with them at the local Beach Burger's meet in Huntington Beach! ;).

More information and news to come soon (sound and video this time). Enjoy! :D

Note: We apologize in advance if the watermarking may affect some parts of the image, but as a completely media-based enthusiast shop, we've been having issues lately with a few people not respecting others' hard documented work. And for this exclusive product release, we worked especially hard to make sure this project became a reality for the Golf MK6 GTI community.

Last edited:

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
Hmmm, one resonator and no mufflers at all? How loud is this bad boy?

I like that it's 2.5", which means that it should retain more torque as compared to a 3" system.

PandaGTI

Go Kart Champion
Swing by again Panda, you might have to car swap again when you get things sorted out with that K04!

Why wait till I get things sorted out... we'll car swap my FJ for your GTI... then I can remember what my GTI drove like and you can drive over curbs and ram other cars.... LOL:)

But yeah, I'm digging that exhaust:thumbsup:

Bruh Man

Go Kart Champion

From a technical standpoint I know nothing about welds, but I know these look pretty damn awesome compared to pics of other systems that I've seen!

Lol at the watermark disclaimer haha! I feel you on getting your pics jacked.

Ben1

Go Kart Champion
Hmmm, one resonator and no mufflers at all? How loud is this bad boy?

I like that it's 2.5", which means that it should retain more torque as compared to a 3" system.

This system has a nice and throaty aggressive growl, but can become timid when just cruising in regards to drone. I'll be honest, if you're wanting to get on it and WOT, people will definitely know that you're trying to get somewhere ;).

I'm with you on the 2.5" observation, in fact, it may be due to all the exhaust testing we're performing as of late, but I've personally experience more wheel spin after installation!

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
This system has a nice and throaty aggressive growl, but can become timid when just cruising in regards to drone. I'll be honest, if you're wanting to get on it and WOT, people will definitely know that you're trying to get somewhere ;).
I guess it's better to wait for the videos, but what exactly do you mean by that? The phrasing is a little confusing.

Are there muffler/resonator options? Or just the setup that is shown?

Compared to stock... how is it different in terms of sound, if you can describe it?

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
Invoice is in the mail Jeremy! Meet you outside the CVS in Texas again, deal? :). And it does, subjectively to my opinion, of course.

That is what I had in mind! :thumbsup:
Will you be installing the CB in the parking lot too?
:laugh:

That looks amazing as far as fit in finish.

To every MK6 member and whoever else may read this: this exhaust sounded amazing even over the phone! Famous Ben gave me a call this evening to show off and I am still impressed with what I heard! There was no raspy, ricey sound, but a refined growl!

And Ben, you better hit me up with prices as soon as these go into production...

Just to clarify, it's a straight 2.5" pipe back, correct? From my understanding, it would be a direct slip fit if I got a 3" to 2.5" pipe tip put on the end of my 42DD down pipe, correct?

Ben1

Go Kart Champion
Why wait till I get things sorted out... we'll car swap my FJ for your GTI... then I can remember what my GTI drove like and you can drive over curbs and ram other cars.... LOL:)

But yeah, I'm digging that exhaust:thumbsup:

DONE - Come out to the In-N-Out meet on Thursday if you can, we need to catch up on track and car stuff anyway :).

Waiting...(patiently of course) for this video. Excited to hear this thing!
Converting HD vids to Youtube will be the death of us :\.

From a technical standpoint I know nothing about welds, but I know these look pretty damn awesome compared to pics of other systems that I've seen!

Lol at the watermark disclaimer haha! I feel you on getting your pics jacked.
Yep, A+ quality weld work. :)

Those tips are absolute sex. It's nice to see some tips that are not like .00001 inches thick (AWE)
Chap, just drive up too, you know you want to :)

Ben1

Go Kart Champion
I guess it's better to wait for the videos, but what exactly do you mean by that? The phrasing is a little confusing.

Are there muffler/resonator options? Or just the setup that is shown?

Compared to stock... how is it different in terms of sound, if you can describe it?

Hm.. hard to describe without those vids indeed. I can try to kick out a teaser :). I'll try to describe and rephrase - the exhaust is "timid" when at cruising speeds and normal shifting through 4th, 5th and 6th, in a sequential light, to lighter, to pretty much non existent hum when just cruising in 6th at speeds 50+.

Now say if you woke up 15 minutes late to your final exam and had to score decent enough to pass... basically WOT conditions will get you noticed immediately! That nice and throaty growl is in effect :).