GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

F23T Technical Info Compilation Thread

FL_GTI

Ready to race!
I don't think the boost control would compliment the f23t well because 3.1 uses a lot of surge protection before 4k. With the f23t you can make gobs of torque low down because it's much more surge resistant than a k04. Running it on 3.1 would kind of defeat the purpose of the turbo unless you don't use the n75 at all. Even then I'd keep a close eye on things down low because the whole tune was built around the original k04 boost curve.

Certainly valid - correct me if I'm wrong here - wouldn't it make sense to purchase the F23T at a significant discount over a standard K04 kit and run an off-the-shelf file? Any drawbacks to this methodology?

Obviously you would loose certain characteristics which make the F23T a viable option in the first place, but you gain standard, if not marginally better K04 performance for a discounted rate?

Rotary ran it for a bit when he first got the f23 iirc, night not have been the 3.1 though.

Thanks!

Nope. APR 2.1 with a MBC.

Was it a necessity to run the MBC as a control to prevent over-boosting the N75?

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
Certainly valid - correct me if I'm wrong here - wouldn't it make sense to purchase the F23T at a significant discount over a standard K04 kit and run an off-the-shelf file? Any drawbacks to this methodology?

Obviously you would loose certain characteristics which make the F23T a viable option in the first place, but you gain standard, if not marginally better K04 performance for a discounted rate?

Thanks!

Was it a necessity to run the MBC as a control to prevent over-boosting the N75?

I think that info is on the first few pages of the other thread. Its really a safeguard, I'm running mine in parellel, but no one seems to for sure be able to answer my question that running in parallel would still allow over boost, since neither hose would actually be blocked off.

Uni does now sell f23 specific tunes for the 1.8, but their description states clearly to NOT run in parallel, but keep the n75 electronically plugged in but remove the plumbing and run only the MBC. Personally I like the idea of just an MBC, not to mention on one of those pages it shows just an MBC holds boost much better.

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
I've made it through the first 45 pages of Rotary's thread. And updated post 3 with as much info I found to be factual not speculation.if anyone sees misinformation please let me know so it can be corrected.

Last edited:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Quick question guys. If i buy the Kit from Doug and i also get the Eurodyne Mastero from them with the base file for the F23T do you guys think i should get a MBC along with it? Or should the software be able to regulate the boost well?

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
Quick question guys. If i buy the Kit from Doug and i also get the Eurodyne Mastero from them with the base file for the F23T do you guys think i should get a MBC along with it? Or should the software be able to regulate the boost well?

with eurodyne you should be good that file is designed for the F23T, MBC should only be needed in the event that you are running software not specifically designed for that turbo.

I will add that I still bought the MBC as a backup in case I have any issues with my flash and need to drive to an authorized eruodyne dealer with a stock file and the F23T bolted up.

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
Was able to over write my APR stage 2 software in my driveway via OBD port with Eurodyne. Really impressed with how user friendly the process was!

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
Base files for stage1 & stage2, k04, K04 variant (Frankenturbo and others I'm sure)
From there tinker as much or little as you want. I loaded stage 2 and went for a spin to compare to APR and I finally blew a stock coil pack lol otherwise it was smoother and peak/hold boost was up.

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
Base files for stage1 & stage2, k04, K04 variant (Frankenturbo and others I'm sure)
From there tinker as much or little as you want. I loaded stage 2 and went for a spin to compare to APR and I finally blew a stock coil pack lol otherwise it was smoother and peak/hold boost was up.

I wasn't sure if it had some kind of f23 file with certain mods or anything

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
The k04 variant file would cover the f23. It should be the optimized file created by all the R&D done on Rotary's car and the other early adopters. The Maestro suite gives you access to the entire eurodyne database essentially. Some flashes like the F23 file may need to be requested through the support center if you don't know what you're looking for. But so far the customer support has been fast, courteous, and helpful!

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I'm sure, it would just be hard for me financially since my tune was only 150 and then to go with ED at 700.00 or so, just a little much for me right now.

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
I can appreciate that we all have our own budgets and priorities! I'm sure DM has a quality tune, you being an ex evo owner I'm sure you've heard of ecmlink, I have that on a DSM and Eurodyne provides a similar experience so I went with that, now I may have to sacrifice or delay other things but I know I like to tinker and this was where I most wanted to spend my $$. It's important we all try something different otherwise these builds will get boring fast!

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Do you have a list of what TOP fit well with the F23T? I would like to change that too when i get the kit installed.