GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FrankenTurbo F23T Review and build thread.

drepai

Go Kart Champion
Last run of the day it made 360whp and 371wtq

There are a few issues and the car breaks up and stumbles really badly around 5500rpm, before that it is very fast. I'm going back on Saturday to try and get everything sorted out.

Boost from 360/371 run:

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Just like my tune boost comes on really fast bringing with it tons of torque. So the tune was deliberately made to slowly add more boost till redline so the car doesn't just sit on it's ass spinning tires and breaking rods.

Damn you and your w/m setup.....it's like a f23t 100oct file......ugh the peer pressure.

trd420

Go Kart Champion
That's the goal

Replaced the spark plugs and it did 356whp.

It breaks up at 6k and stops revving, we're working with eurodyne to fix that. Based on the results today 360whp will be easy, we're at 25psi and the timing advance isn't as aggressive as it could be.

Last run of the day it made 360whp and 371wtq

There are a few issues and the car breaks up and stumbles really badly around 5500rpm, before that it is very fast. I'm going back on Saturday to try and get everything sorted out.

Boost from 360/371 run:

Awesome :clap:
With Eurodyne can you have more then 1 map ? If so you should re tune some day with MS109 + W/M and a shitt ton of timing.. Could hit 400whp 420wtq

drepai

Go Kart Champion
Just like my tune boost comes on really fast bringing with it tons of torque. So the tune was deliberately made to slowly add more boost till redline so the car doesn't just sit on it's ass spinning tires and breaking rods.
Exactly, it feels great on the road, pulls crazy hard compared to the old setup and I'm no longer spinning third gear.
Damn you and your w/m setup.....it's like a f23t 100oct file......ugh the peer pressure.

With Eurodyne can you have more then 1 map ? If so you should re tune some day with MS109 + W/M and a shitt ton of timing.. Could hit 400whp 420wtq
Yea, loading them is super easy too. I was actually thinking of doing this later down the line but I'm concerned the engine won't hold it.

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion

There is no mode switcher. But if you have the Eurodyne suite you can pretty much have a library of files on your computer and put what ever file you want on.

Andre does not like to run a super aggressive file at the track so I suggested he keep my file as his "track" file and his file as his "street hunter" file.

Sadly there are no "valet" "stock" modes etc but files take about 45 seconds to upload through the OBD II port with your laptop. So the beauty of things is as more people adopt this style of tuning you can literally share files or even duplicate it and have it standing by.

I do wish there was a "valet" or at least "GF" mode........

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
360-370, I could deal with that!

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Soooo...any ideas on why this tune doesn't like RPMs above 5500 rpm? The boost is there, and since plugs were changed on a run that still had issues I think you can all but kick out the spark getting blown out (assuming the gaps were tightened a bit).

Hoping this turbo can match the K04 on top end and area under the curve!

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Tuning is done till Saturday from what I've heard. Since that's the next time apa11393 can get back down to the shop.

From the emails I've seen it is being discussed that turning boost down closer to redline may help this. apa11393 did mention he was having the same RPM cut off while on K04 with one software then switched to another software and no longer had this issue.

I really want to see what a car on 93 octane will do now. Damn California with its 91. I still want to tweak with mine later on and see if I can eek out a few more whp.

drepai

Go Kart Champion
Are you going to do a run without W/M?
No, there are a few other cars that are going to do straight pump gas runs on this dyno so there's no point. I made 335whp on the same map Rotaryknight is using with meth which says a lot about how much 91 is holding people back.
lol those are gt28 type numbers
Yep, with a k04 spool:). The curve needs work but it'll get there.
Soooo...any ideas on why this tune doesn't like RPMs above 5500 rpm? The boost is there, and since plugs were changed on a run that still had issues I think you can all but kick out the spark getting blown out (assuming the gaps were tightened a bit).

Hoping this turbo can match the K04 on top end and area under the curve!
We're working on getting that sorted, based on what I've seen thus far it's very possible. At this point it's just a matter of tuning and tweaking till we get it flattened out until ~6500.