GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

From show car to sleeper to the new commuter

panzr15

Ready to race!
Ugh debating switching wheels again.........

Still sticking with ZE40 but possibly Diamond Dark Gunmetal. I've always been partial to gloss finishes since they are easier to keep clean and maintain.

Plastidip them? Lol

Typed like a child on my Nexus 5

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Well, As far as I know theres not to many GTIs with the blue gunmetal look. And might I say that they look awesome an unique....Don't mind me, I'm just drooling over here. haha:drool:

Yea....I get like this. Ended up ordering the Diamond Dark as well. When they come in I'll decide which set I want to keep. I'll just sell the other one.

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
Question for you on the LSD, Do you notice any substantial gains on the street with it or is it basically only noticeable on the track?

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Well here it is. Final chapter of the car.

Turbo: F23T Mixed Flow
Tune: Eurodyne by AU Tuning
Fuel: E85
Fueling: Upgraded to Opel injectors and 5th 1100cc injector, additional LPFP

Here are my last dyno runs of the day. Sorry that these do not show the numbers we wanted to show the power, torque and boost curves.

Because Dynos are for comparison to give a baseline APR Stage 2 cars average 224-233 whp on this dyno. APR K04 V3 317whp/337wtq.

Run 1:
22psi->27psi
401.5whp/379.3wtq

Run 2: Final tune for the street.
22psi->25psi
393.9whp/380.8wtq

You can see how Dave has boost onset at about 22psi to keep torque down and as we climb the rpm range he raises it and maintains.

Last run so I am very confident that cooled down it will still crack 400 whp on this tune. I'm happy. I can honestly say it's been a journey

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Can you post pics of the new heatshield? Also does that big filter make a difference compared to unitronic?

Still working on the heatshield. Right now using part of the Neuspeed one.

As far as the filter I always thought the Uni one had such a small surface area. The AEM on I picked up I paired with a velocity stack as well. More surface area means more filtered air coming in and less restriction. Who knows if it helped but less restriction on the intake side is always good.

callmegti

Go Kart Champion
Finally got my OEM BiXenon swap finished.

Had a little work done to them first. Had the chrome blacked out and Switchback LED Halos installed.

Came out really nice. The LED are typical white when the parking light is one but will blink amber along with the turn signals.

that looks amazing, do you have more pics? i just messaged evilheadlights and hopefully i will get this done along with the leds. The angel eyes definitely flow with the headlights.

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
So the car has been running great. Have put a few tanks in so able to get a better feel on my fuel economy.

E85 - 18-20 mpg
91 K04 - 26-27 mpg
91 F23T (stock fuel system) - 25-26 mpg

Drop 23-30%

Cost savings on E85 $0.70-$1.05/gal
so depending on 91 price I've seen up to 30% savings.

So in the end I pretty much equal out with the cost savings and MPG lost. I am filling up more and have to watch how far I drive but in general I think it's worth getting to 401 whp!!!