GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

From show car to sleeper to the new commuter

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion

Picked up an Audi A4 intake manifold with 5th injector port. Going to see if AU can make this work. It will be a cleaner installation for my 5th injector and make it less obvious when I pop the hood

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Decided to clean up some of the engine bay. Redo wiring. Hopefully have a sleeker 5th injector set up going. Just ordered some carbon fiber panels/sheets that I can use to mount stuff on.

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie

Picked up an Audi A4 intake manifold with 5th injector port. Going to see if AU can make this work. It will be a cleaner installation for my 5th injector and make it less obvious when I pop the hood

AWESOME! :clap: Will be great if AU makes it work. Hey, can you ask them to take a pic of your intake valves? (If you've never had them cleaned prior.) Would be interesting to see how they look.

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
I've had it cleaned before but I am curious how they look now since they are washed by the 5th injector and e85.

I'm hoping that the new set up will work.

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
Nice.

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Well battery has been working well as a daily.

Suspension is a little bouncier since they are linear compared to the progressive rates springs on the V2

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
So plans for the new year.

-Fitting an Audi A4 aluminum intake manifold. It already has a port of a 5th injector. So question will be to just run that or both that and the one I already have in my charge pipe.

- Tuning the car using COBB. Since AU is both a Eurodyne tuner and a COBB Pro Tuner we decided to mess around and see how things work out. Having an Accessport would be cool.

- Bigger turbo........maybe. There is a true hybrid that may be coming out and there are plans to try it on the car. Can my motor handle more power?

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion

-Fitting an Audi A4 aluminum intake manifold. It already has a port of a 5th injector. So question will be to just run that or both that and the one I already have in my charge pipe.

- Tuning the car using COBB. Since AU is both a Eurodyne tuner and a COBB Pro Tuner we decided to mess around and see how things work out. Having an Accessport would be cool.

- Bigger turbo........maybe. There is a true hybrid that may be coming out and there are plans to try it on the car. Can my motor handle more power?

Good luck with the plans! Can't wait to see how Cobb works out and hear more about this turbo [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!

Hey man I have an accessport for sale in Orange County if you want to pick it up for cheap... Can sell it to you first week of January if interested.

Gwap31290

Hi, I was just wondering since I feel like you have the most informative post regarding E85. What would be the bare minimum i would need to switch over to E85 on the mk6. Currently about to go stage 2 APR. Im just going from your list, so far I see the injectors, the intake manifold with the 5th injector and the low pressure fuel pump. Plus the custom ECU and TCU tune. Any info would be greatly appreciated

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Hi, I was just wondering since I feel like you have the most informative post regarding E85. What would be the bare minimum i would need to switch over to E85 on the mk6. Currently about to go stage 2 APR. Im just going from your list, so far I see the injectors, the intake manifold with the 5th injector and the low pressure fuel pump. Plus the custom ECU and TCU tune. Any info would be greatly appreciated

1) Tune. If you are going to try to do full e85 make sure you have a tune/tuner ready to do it.

2) upgraded injectors. Since you are going to be on the stock turbo the rest of you're fueling should be fine. You technically should be able to run full e85 on all stock fueling but it will be a huge limit to the flow.