GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: KMDtuning Lower Front Stress Bar

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
SOLD SOLD SOLD

FS: Used KMDtuning Lower Front Stress Bar

2015-12-19_05-49-16 by Justin N, on Flickr

Stress bar is still in great shape overall. Hardware is a little rusted (rusted shortly after install) and bar has a few paint chips but still functions as designed. I would still be using it but just installed a new chassis bracing system and unfortunately this brace was in the way of a new lower front stress bar.

Uses existing oem hardware and will include one bolt/nut that chances are you are missing in your subframe since mine was missing this bolt from factory.

Install is an absolute breeze! Took me longer to get the car in the air and on jack stands than it did to install this, really straight forward. Tightens up the front end a bit with a better feel in the steering wheel, especially if you have aftermarket front swaybar.

Last edited:

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
Friday bump.

Baosa

Go Kart Champion
Bump for a good seller and product. I have one and it works pretty well - made my suspension a bit more comfortable.

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
This sparks my interest. Can you elaborate a little on how it makes it more comfortable?

Just wanted to add the direct quote from KMD about how THEY say it should effect the car, materials used, and testing procedures:

- Improves Steering
- Better Stability
- Reduce Subframe Flex

Tracking your car or just looking for a stronger chassis?

KMD’s lower stress bar kit is made from quality T-6 Alloy. The mounting plates are made from 1/4" alloy for strength and durability.

The front mounting plates use a 4 bolt mounting system which helps eliminate flexing at the lower control arm subframe pick-up points.

We’ve done extensive testing on vehicles that were looking for stronger steering at the 1/4 mile and for the “track crazy” VW/Audi drivers and after all the testing we asked each person for their opinions. The response was all the same…”What did I ever do with out these bars”.

Once again, KMD strives to give our customers a good product at a reasonable cost without sacrificing quality! Try them for yourself; we know you won’t be disappointed!

Also, here's a few pics of it installed on my car
Driver side finished. by Justin N, on Flickr

Easy install, no grinding or anything needed by Justin N, on Flickr

All torqued and done! by Justin N, on Flickr

I can also provide more pics of the stress bar in its current state, just ask.

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
Interesting. Did they stop selling this? I don't see it on their site. My car is a daily right now but also used for track days. I have an 034 pendulum that is a little larger than stock, do you think there would be any clearance issues on the pendulum? Also does this change ground clearance at all?

It's not listed on their site, only purchased through the forum here. The lower front stress bar has been unavailable for about a year.

Ground clearance does not change at all as this bar remains snug up near the subframe.

EDIT: a pic showing clearance
Custom front brake ducts by Justin N, on Flickr

I cannot say I'm 100% positive about the clearance of the 034 pendulum mount, but I would think you would be ok if its only "wider" and larger and didn't hang down any further than stock. I cannot remember how close the brace came to the dogbone and in my photos its hard to tell.

Found a pic that might help

Maybe Baosa can chime in here and answer since mine is no longer bolted on?

Last edited:

Baosa

Go Kart Champion
It's not listed on their site, only purchased through the forum here. The lower front stress bar has been unavailable for about a year.

Ground clearance does not change at all as this bar remains snug up near the subframe.

I cannot say I'm 100% positive about the clearance of the 034 pendulum mount, but I would think you would be ok if its only "wider" and larger and didn't hang down any further than stock. I cannot remember how close the brace came to the dogbone and in my photos its hard to tell.

Maybe Baosa can chime in here and answer since mine is no longer bolted on?

I can't answer your question since I still have my stock pendulum mount installed :-/

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
I can't answer your question since I still have my stock pendulum mount installed :-/

Do you recall or happen to have a pic of how much space there is between the pendulum mount and the brace? I know there was space, just cannot recall how much.

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
I'll be under my car tomorrow installing control arms so I'll look at the pendulum. I just can't remember if the 034 is different sized there. I know it's wider but not sure about taller.

Cool. I updated the post above with 2 pics that might help you visualize things a little better.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
The 034 shouldn't be any wider in the direction of the brace, as it pretty much has to be a certain thickness to fit into the subframe. I wouldn't think it should cause any clearance issues.

Edit: I just checked their site and its definitely just wider, not thicker.

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
The 034 shouldn't be any wider in the direction of the brace, as it pretty much has to be a certain thickness to fit into the subframe. I wouldn't think it should cause any clearance issues.

Edit: I just checked their site and its definitely just wider, not thicker.

Cool, if it's just wider then its all good. Thanks for checking that out and comparing.

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
Pendulum mount shouldn't make a difference. This will not fit well with the r32 belly pan however. I tried it when I first purchased mine.

It's a good piece. Hard for me to give good feedback in it as I put it on the same time I put in the RB in the rear subframe. But for that price I'd snag it if I didn't already have it

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
Pendulum mount shouldn't make a difference. This will not fit well with the r32 belly pan however. I tried it when I first purchased mine.

It's a good piece. Hard for me to give good feedback in it as I put it on the same time I put in the RB in the rear subframe. But for that price I'd snag it if I didn't already have it

Thanks man, I appreciate your input. I thought the price was pretty reasonable too.

Interesting note about the R32 belly pan. I just received one for Christmas and never tried it with this brace. Had to make a slight modification to the very top of the rear vent to allow my new lower front brace to fit but I was able to make it work.