GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R LED Tail Lights

eddo

Passed Driver's Ed
Just to let you guys know, I stopped by the VW dealer here (I live in Germany) and I can get the Golf R LED tail lights for 420 Euro which comes to about 650 US. I'll be getting them, probably before I even pick up my Golf!

TDI110

O_o
420 Euros ain't bad man. It's only 100 Euros more than the option to upgrade them on the GTI/GTD. Are they plug and play? I have to stop by the dealership tomorrow to place an order then. Thanks for the info!

eddo

Passed Driver's Ed
I assume/hope they are plug and play. I guess it depends on how the lights sockets are fitted. Does yours have the light mounted in the housing then connected via cable? If so then they should be good.

The part #'s for the R Line are:
5K0 945 096 L
5K0 945 095 L
5K0 945 094 P
5K0 945 093 P

The way I understand it you can get the GTI or R versions. I think the R's are tinted darker. I also checked out the GTI spoiler but it would cost too much. Winter floor mats only cost 72 Euro with tax. -19% without.

TDI110

O_o
I looked into getting the dark red GTI lamps last week, and the dealer told me it's just a matter of switching the units, regardless of the fact I have the licht und sicht package. So I assume that the R line are of similar if not the same spec.

regarding the winter floor mats I got mine yesterday at ATU for 34 euros (set of 4), Schoenek Gummi-Passformmatten Typ AFM 280/ FM 280, Art # 453368. Fits the Golf V, VI, Scirocco III etc. etc. Same quality as VW's for half the price :D

by the way, what type of TDI are you getting the 1.6 or the 2.0?

Last edited:

eddo

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm getting the 2.0 in Metallic Grey. I would have got the GTI but I wanted the gas mileage. Rented an A6 diesel a few weeks ago and got 1000 kilometers on a single tank. Nice ride too. I got all the options minus the DSG tranny and navi. I'm not sure if I trust the tranny and I already have a nice navi so I couldn't justify the cost. Right now looking at the tail lights and a nice set of 18's.

TDI110

O_o
Nice, that's the reason why I got the diesel as well. I avg 4.6L/100 with about 1100km/tank with my granny driving ways, but I do "clean the turbo" from time to time :D 17,000 km on the clock so far. You'll love the car! I know I do. Thanks again for the part #'s.

MaccaGTI

Hi,

Sorry, a bit OT, but can you tell me if you can buy any of the R-Line parts from the dealers in Germany or do they have to be ordered with the car? I'd really like to get the R-Line steering wheel and maybe the side badges for my Golf

Last edited:

sleepergti86

APRTuned
Damn, I want these LED lights, like now... I wish someone would test them out to see if they are plug and play with a car that has halogen from the factory...

OEMPLus has them on his site but he wants like $1000 for the set and he says his are NOT plug and play but they are working on a harness to go in the kit to make them plug and play... we will see i guess.

eddo

Passed Driver's Ed
I'd only get them with a harness. Not interested in cutting the wires. And yes you can buy almost all parts from the dealer.