irishpride

Passed Driver's Ed
i am glad my week of sun death is over :D

rcopp

Ready to race!
Looks good! What % did you get?

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
Sucks we can't have tints here in MI legally...at least on front windows...just tinting the rears and the hatch would look minivan-like...lol

rcopp

Ready to race!
I feel like 15% is good for having it dark, but staying out of trouble. On my last car thats what I had an not once did I have a problem with it, even when being pulled over for something else. On the GTI I had 5% all around and I got 3 tickets for the front windows in like 2 months so I took it off. Now I have nothing on the front 2 and the back 3 are 5%, but I think it looks good, actually, not minivan-like at all.

sokhangoo

Ready to race!
I feel like 15% is good for having it dark, but staying out of trouble. On my last car thats what I had an not once did I have a problem with it, even when being pulled over for something else. On the GTI I had 5% all around and I got 3 tickets for the front windows in like 2 months so I took it off. Now I have nothing on the front 2 and the back 3 are 5%, but I think it looks good, actually, not minivan-like at all.

I have the same situation, i have 5% on the back and nothing on the front, but whenever I look at my car I see something is missing, probably a 40-50% front tint ? i say it doesnt look bad at all and I like it so much !! but might look better with a light tint on the front 2 !! but of course its illegal to tint the front ones in here too :(

gunmetal5

Ready to race!
Your mod looks SIIIIIICK! I got 35% bc i'm paranoid.

Unless the cops are in a dicky mood, you should be fine.. But it will flag some more attention than you probably want.

Redslumber

Ready to race!
yup yup. looking good man. I have 38% tint all around. No problems what so ever with the authorities :)

schwarzerGTI11

Ready to race!
the tint looks awesome! i think im gonna get 20% in the front and 15% in the back! i get my car tm in black and in florida its a pain without tint haha

omgturbo!

Go Kart Champion
Sucks we can't have tints here in MI legally...at least on front windows...just tinting the rears and the hatch would look minivan-like...lol

i have 5% rear and 35% on just the front two. not minivan like at all!! and in ca we cant have front tint either but 35 is pretty light, you can get away with it

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner

On my MK5 2 door, I had 35% on the side windows and 20% in the rear....NEVER got pulled over and wasn't a bad mix (look wise)

Going super dark in the rear & putting tint on the side windows is gonna make it look darker (from angles)....so if you keep it lighter, you'll be fine

Or just do 35% all the way around....looks classy with it all matched :thumbsup:

rgs

Ready to race!
One of the first things they do during the yearly vehicle inspection here is put a light meter on your windows so I stick to legal. In the past, they did not do this and all you had to worry about was a police officer having a bad day. I ran into one of those and I had to get my tint removed and replaced with legal and the judge actually came out to look at my car before he dismissed the ticket. Afterwards, I figured I probably should have just paid the ticket and hoped he did not come across me again.

I almost went with 15% on the entire car this time and planned to look for a more lenient inspection place but I could not do it.