GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Group Buy: Depo R LED Taillights

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManWellmk6

Ready to race!
Do you guys just sell the outer left side led tail light? My leds are not working but turning signal and reverse light work fine

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
Ordered Dark Cherry today. Hoping shipping will be fast as I believe it's coming from Cali. Free shipping though, AND they are still on sale.

gsxrr7

To best install the inners go in sideways with the taillight perpendicular to the hatch. Slide the lip of the hatch between the black panel and light housing. Once you've done that start to lower the light rocking the light back and forth and it will walk in.

The side panels have glue on them to keep them from popping off during install but you can remove them on and off.

The clear spot is the injection where they fill the mold. Once installed it shouldn't be too noticeable, its actually pretty common. Its actually just not full color for some reason.

Email us if we can help with anything.

Thanks, I got it to slip on, everything else looks fine except for the fitment of my right outer piece I have the same issue as SierraHotel:

Just get the tail lights I notice on the left outer light has a gap on top. The black plastic doesn't meet up with the body. Is there an adjustment i can do?

I just quickly tried adjusting the torx screws but i couldn't tell if they were moving anything? anybody have tips on how to get the top part of the light sit flush with the body/hatch?

clownish

just clowning around
I used a dremel to work down the plastic tabs / electrical tape to pad it so nothing scratches paint. Then just test fitted everything a billion times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fike

Passed Driver's Ed
I sure wish the cherry was available with two reverse lights. I just don't trust only having one reverse light.

No chance at a north American version of the cherry lights?

codybrashears

Do you guys just sell the outer left side led tail light? My leds are not working but turning signal and reverse light work fine
Email the actual one perfect dose site with that question rather than waiting on an answer on here.

I hope this helps

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

codybrashears

Almost forgot to post a pic. This was right after the install!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
What part of Cali?
I just moved to socal

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

titan253

Ready to race!
I bought a set a while back that come with the resistor boxes and required no coding. Now that the double sided tape has worn off, I'm thinking about just getting the adaptor harness and finding someone with vagcom to code them. Will that work? Or are the connectors on the Depo lights not compatible with something like the ECS harness?

Seahawk

New MKVI (2013 GTI DE) purchased, loving it, and just dove in for the Black Cherries. Very excited for the upgrade, bit nervous about the install - but this thread has been very informative! Pics coming once installed.

jell0

Hey there! I just bought a 2013 GTI. Your site says you wont be getting any restock of the Cherry Taillights until late march, but I didnt see whether that also includes the tail lights without the fogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.