GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Group Buy: Depo R LED Taillights

Status
Not open for further replies.

nofuiyo

Passed Driver's Ed
Same boat... Had mine for just over 2 years (dark cherry no fog). They look and work great!! I've replaced the reverse and turn signal bulbs with DeAutoKey leds and have been quite happy with them. I've also ran a wire from the outside lights to the inside, so all 4 tails function as brake lights. But that was just a preference change. They work great and I also highly recommend them.

Does that mean that, if you don't do that wiring, when you brake the tail lights won't light up? Thank you for your time...

Joseph@OnePerfectDose

Ready to race!
The lights come with standard bulbs for the turn signal and reverse lights. The rest of the light is LED. So two reverse bulbs and 2 turn signal bulbs.

Standard feature on MK6 lights is all for lights are running lights. When you brake only the outer lights are brake lights. The wiring mod that xtant3150 did makes all four lights running and brake lights. Its a preference for some but not required.

STRANGETDI

Same boat... Had mine for just over 2 years (dark cherry no fog). They look and work great!! I've replaced the reverse and turn signal bulbs with DeAutoKey leds and have been quite happy with them. I've also ran a wire from the outside lights to the inside, so all 4 tails function as brake lights. But that was just a preference change. They work great and I also highly recommend them.

Did you happen to document how you ran the wire? I would like to do this mod. I had this type of mod on my mk4.

STRANGETDI

Just installed my DEPO LED Tail Lights two weekends ago. Easy install, and as for fitment, I would say are an 8 out of 10. Not OEM but for the price, I think they well worth it. I'll post some photos soon. I purchased the Dark Cherry NA (North American) without fog.

Went through a carwash too with no issues.

Thanks to Joe for offering this!

Last edited:

STRANGETDI

Pics:

Before:

During:

After:

nofuiyo

Passed Driver's Ed
The lights come with standard bulbs for the turn signal and reverse lights. The rest of the light is LED. So two reverse bulbs and 2 turn signal bulbs.

Standard feature on MK6 lights is all for lights are running lights. When you brake only the outer lights are brake lights. The wiring mod that xtant3150 did makes all four lights running and brake lights. Its a preference for some but not required.

Thank you so much for your feedback... Another issue that I hadn't even thought about was taking your car through a car wash.. STRANGETDI made a good point of having taken the car to a car wash with no issues.. Have you heard of issues with these tail lights after taken to a car wash?

Thank you...

Joseph@OnePerfectDose

Ready to race!
You can run your lights like normal. The only way for water to enter is improper installation. Please review post #1. I've installed probably close to 100 sets and never once have any of those customers had condensation issues.

Of all the sets we sold, with four lights per set, I have replaced 2 lights due to being not sealed. So out of 2000+ pieces, 2 have been replaced. Run them as you would any other part on your vehicle.

nofuiyo

Passed Driver's Ed
You can run your lights like normal. The only way for water to enter is improper installation. Please review post #1. I've installed probably close to 100 sets and never once have any of those customers had condensation issues.

Of all the sets we sold, with four lights per set, I have replaced 2 lights due to being not sealed. So out of 2000+ pieces, 2 have been replaced. Run them as you would any other part on your vehicle.

Thank you very much! You have been very helpful :thumbup:

STRANGETDI

If substitute LED turn signal and reverse bulbs will that trigger a "bulb out" light, even though these did not require any coding during the install?

Joseph@OnePerfectDose

Ready to race!
If substitute LED turn signal and reverse bulbs will that trigger a "bulb out" light, even though these did not require any coding during the install?

Yes I believe so if you dont buy the correct ones. I believe Deautokey offers the proper LED's which are error free. I direct all our customers there because they stand buy the product. eBay has options but your rolling the dice.

TheDukenasty

Black Cherry NA

Just wondering if you have an eta on the black cherry NA mk6 tail lights.
Was about to order them last week and they went out of stock.

Thanks in advance-

Michael58121

Go Kart Champion
Hey dose, Im having a problem with one of my LED lights it seems that one of the LEDs is not turning on but it's just one light. I still might be covered under warranty Any idea how I can fix this, thanks here is the what I'm talking about.

Or if anyone has had this problem. Please help

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.