GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Group Buy for BSH Integrated Throttle Body Pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisisnapping

Go Kart Champion
There is plenty of room to mount the nozzle after install

It is recommended for the pump to be below the tank(thats how mine is) but modshack proved it works just as well above.

Yep, I have the same mounting locations, primed no problem.

The install is easy. Took me a while to get the mounting brackets all fabbed up, but I was dumb and flew blind instead of measuring it out. Wiring is easy. Use the add-a-fuse that Steve posted a few pages back, run your red line from that to the top rung of boost controller. Run a wire from the middle rung of boost controlled to the pump and splice in the solenoid wire. Then ground pump and solenoid. Tubing is easy, I would test with distilled water to make sure there are no leaks, then mount your nozzle and add some meth.

For tapping the tank, I drilled a hole on the side, about a quarter or half inch from the bottom, then used a 1/8 npt tap I got from amazon for like 6 bucks.

Last edited:

chrisisnapping

Go Kart Champion
That would be ok. Whatever works for you......

yep, i just chose to do the side, easier for me to run the tube the way i did without drastic bends.

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
yep, i just chose to do the side, easier for me to run the tube the way i did without drastic bends.

Yeah...there's not a lot of room under the tank for the hose bend. Plus you can't disconnect easily or monitor for leaks...

chrisisnapping

Go Kart Champion
grrr...this install was a PITA. my hands must be too big to work by the throttle body area. Also, apparently I suck at doing anything with couplers.

Unfortunately after wrapping up at 11:30 I went for a quick ride. Rolled out of the driveway to the stop sign at the corner. my a right turn and gave it some gas slowly, enough to hit 10psi for spray. Slowed down as I hit a stop sign. Rolled out of the stop sign, give her some good gas to see what she's got and POP. Blew the TB pipe out of the top coupler. Pulled over and was able to get it back in a little bit and limped on home. I'll try again tomorrow.

Also, since I won't be able to get straight Meth for another week or two, I picked up "Prestone De-Icer" it's like "extreme" or something, and yellow.. It was 3.99 for the gallon at Autozone and I believe the Meth content is at 50%, if not higher.

chrisisnapping

Go Kart Champion
You're right, looked at the msds for it. I'll dump it out and replace.

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
chris, those couplers were definitely a BITCH. Sweat my ass off trying to shove the goddam things in there. Every time I step on it I anticipate that pop :laugh:

and mustache, what do you mean by -20 blue cheap stuff? Why shouldn't we use pure methanol mixed 50/50 with water?

Thumper

Autocross Champion
chris, those couplers were definitely a BITCH. Sweat my ass off trying to shove the goddam things in there. Every time I step on it I anticipate that pop :laugh:

and mustache, what do you mean by -20 blue cheap stuff? Why shouldn't we use pure methanol mixed 50/50 with water?

He meant do not use the yellow prestone stuff. Pure meth is the best, the blue stuff would be a backup IMHO.

chrisisnapping

Go Kart Champion
gotcha. Know of any stores that carry pure meth?

Generally you will have to find a speed shop or the local drag strip. Won't be able to walk into a Walmart and walk out with a 5 gallon container of meth.

On a side note I siphoned out the prestone, went to Walmart and got the normal -20 blue stuff, they didn't have heet (in the yellow bottle), so went down the street to autozone and they didn't have it either. So I filled the reservoir halfway with the WW fluid and went on a nice drive in search of HEET. I'm running just an m2 now. I could tell a slight difference in the butt dyno and the car definitely fended off heatsoak, though it was low 80s with moderate humidity. Finally found heet and added 4 bottles then topped off with the windshield washer fluid. Couldn't really rip it too much but I could definitely tell the difference between this and just the WW fluid. Also going to adjust the boost controller down a little bit. Hoping for 5-7psi.

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
What's m2?

Also, are you not adding water to your tank, only WW + heet?

and is there an age limit on buying pure meth..

chrisisnapping

Go Kart Champion
M2 is my nozzle size. It's a smaller one but I'll be putting an m1 into the tb spacer.

WW fluid is basically meth and distilled water with coloring, so you don't need to add water to it.

As for age restrictions on meth, I'm not sure, I doubt it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.