GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI AWD conversion

Investin1

:(

valj

Ready to race!
it HAS been done on a similar skoda (FWD 2.0tsi) here.. there was a thread about a very powerful skoda i don't remember very well.. i do remember that they said it could be done for around 6000 or 7000$ by them..
if i ever come across it again i'll tell you :thumbsup:

We have a Skoda Octavia VRS (exact copy of the GTI in all term except exterior) owner in Russia who fitted the AWD system from a Skoda Yeti (bought used parts). There was a lot of plug and play in this installation and the car is running fine as far as I know

Rolling_GTI

Ready to race!
We have a MKV R32 owner who just finished the main "guts" work of a 3.6l VR6 w/ 6M swap into his R32. There is still some trim work, tuning, etc to finish; but the working portions are all complete.

His is the first (that I know of) Manual VW R36; and his next step is a plan to turbo it as well... Thing is sick.

:eek:

Further Performance in Minneaplis did this years ago. They have the magazine article hanging on the wall there. I forget the year.

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
The Scirocco R is FWD. There are many people attempting an AWD conversion. Once they have everything sorted out Im sure someone will make a kit for it.

nik

Go Kart Champion
some inspiration thanks to Mazda

LINK

The Scirocco R is FWD. There are many people attempting an AWD conversion. Once they have everything sorted out Im sure someone will make a kit for it.

I have a friend who has just finished his conversion. He fitted his Scirroco with a GTX28 (uni tune) and AWD from a Golf R.. It took him about a week to complete (he is the owner of a garage).

I heard also someone else in Beijing who is currently working on a V6 3.2l Swap with HPA 495 kit and AWD conversion... but it's not running as yet

http://www.germanboost.com/showthread.php?41529-MK6-GTI-3-2L-single-turbo-4WD-conversion-%28HPA-495%29

Bozz

Go Kart Champion
I have a friend who has just finished his conversion. He fitted his Scirroco with a GTX28 (uni tune) and AWD from a Golf R..

Awesome! There's also a guy over on vortex with a Corrado and he's doing an AWD conversion on it, but it's kinda in suspended mode right now...

So on this Scirrocco...I'm assuming a Mk1 or 2 Scirocco? Did he swap out the 1.8 8v/16v to a Golf R 2.0T as well? Details!! Want details!

Awesome! There's also a guy over on vortex with a Corrado and he's doing an AWD conversion on it, but it's kinda in suspended mode right now...

So on this Scirrocco...I'm assuming a Mk1 or 2 Scirocco? Did he swap out the 1.8 8v/16v to a Golf R 2.0T as well? Details!! Want details!

It's an MK2 Scirocco.. Engine is a german 2.0 TSI with a GTX28 and Unitronic custom tune.

I will take more pictures when he takes me for a ride, hopefully soon!