GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI AWD conversion

AdvanSuper

Banned
DREAM SMASHER!

nik

Go Kart Champion
All up for the 3.6 4mo swap! Props if you get it to work too!

Heck, if ya want to know the cost of the parts new, get a quote from VW. The rest would be labor and lots of swearing!

On second thought.. Wouldn't the electronic guts of a tiguan make more sense vs the R? It is a 2.0 Tsi 4mo, the mechanics could be from the R

AdamC

Ready to race!
I loved my buddy's Eclipse GS-T Spyder to GSX Spyder conversion.

Some people just like having these rides folks.

gokartgti

Garage Pics Updated
the boot floor area would need to be changed to the AWD floor. Why well you'll see when the R comes over that the floor actually sits higher as it needs to accommodate for the AWD rear end.

The boot is slightly smaller than other Golf models, measuring in at 275 litres with the rear seats up and 1230 litres with the seatbacks folded.

That’s 75 litres less than every other Golf in the range, and is attributable to the R’s rear suspension and drivetrain setup.

Dude go for it. source the ass end (no pun intended) of a written of R get it as a half cut and get it shipped over. better still container the whole thing and strip the sucker down to all the parts you need.

Good luck with it and if you do go ahead we would love to see a full pictured thread of the rebuild

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
All up for the 3.6 4mo swap! Props if you get it to work too!

We have a MKV R32 owner who just finished the main "guts" work of a 3.6l VR6 w/ 6M swap into his R32. There is still some trim work, tuning, etc to finish; but the working portions are all complete.

His is the first (that I know of) Manual VW R36; and his next step is a plan to turbo it as well... Thing is sick.

:eek:

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Check with APR. I saw on some forum that some of their dealers outside of the US have successfully done this conversion. They may be able to help you out.

Investin1

I think you guys got trolled hard. Judging from the OP s posted, I doubt he has the mechanical know how to do any of this.

rs999

Go Kart Champion
Why not just get an A3 with AWD and flash it?

That way you won't have to deal with fabrication details.