GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI vs 2014 Mustang GT vs M3 vs Stage 2 STI

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
Yes I did buy it used. let someone else take that depreciation hit then I jewed the dealer good. That M3 was not 28K new and neither was that brand new GT, it had 1,000miles on it when we raced. I talk to the guy about his GT, he said he paid somewhere around 32-36k with w.e. options he got, cant remember exactly which AND then he sunk money into a Rousch racing exhaust and paid to have it re-geared for more effective highway pulls. So he has a good chunk of change into it.

I paid 32k out the door for my GT (premium package, 3.73 gears, lighting package, security package) brand new and went 12.30s for $580, and that's just a Ford Racing tune and GT500 mufflers. I could have saved $80 on my tune and went with AED and got more power out of it, but I wanted to keep my warranty. Comparing a used car vs new car argument is flawed. You got your car used, but if you got it new and with leather and all the goodies, you're looking at GT money. You can get a brand new base GTs for $25k. You can stick a Paxton on it for $4400 and make 600whp and run 10s with no other mods. Not taking anything away from your car, clearly it's a beast, but $$$$ for speed argument is 1. unnecessary and 2. ricer.

I paid 32k out the door for my GT (premium package, 3.73 gears, lighting package, security package) brand new and went 12.30s for $580, and that's just a Ford Racing tune and GT500 mufflers. I could have saved $80 on my tune and went with AED and got more power out of it, but I wanted to keep my warranty. Comparing a used car vs new car argument is flawed. You got your car used, but if you got it new and with leather and all the goodies, you're looking at GT money. You can get a brand new base GTs for $25k. You can stick a Paxton on it for $4400 and make 600whp and run 10s with no other mods. Not taking anything away from your car, clearly it's a beast, but $$$$ for speed argument is 1. unnecessary and 2. ricer.

What kind of gas mileage do you get?
Game set and match...the amount of more gas you have to pay for over me in the life of the car, it pays for itself.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion

Unnecessary arguments. Who cares, we're all in the cars we want.

butchered by autocorrecr

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Game set and match...the amount of more gas you have to pay for over me in the life of the car, it pays for itself.

You serious ?:laugh:

KOA789

Go Kart Champion

The Mustang averages 20mpg in the city and about 27mpg on the highway, and that's with the 3.73s out back. The Nova gets about 10 highway, 6 city with 3.08s in the rear. So I guess you're right, if you get 2mpg more then I do, I guess in 2 life times you'll make that pay for itself :w00t:

SOOOOOooooooo excited. I have a good race lined up for next Thursday night that I'm sure you will all be interested to see and will definitely NOT be a blow out! I'll be up against a 2011 Shelby GT500 SVT! I'm hoping I can take him down but we will see....I think on paper I should be able to slightly get him but I'm not sure. May be a drivers race. and let me tell ya, I def have less in my car than him ;-)

v-dug

Go Kart Champion
Is the Shelby stock? I'm really looking forward to seeing that, get GOOD vids this time, lol! I'm considering picking up a GT500 or a Corvette in the future.

Is the Shelby stock? I'm really looking forward to seeing that, get GOOD vids this time, lol! I'm considering picking up a GT500 or a Corvette in the future.

I am assuming its stock but it has the SVT package which apparently makes a difference. Makes it lighter and adjusts the gears and such. I would think most people leave this car stock bc the term stock doesnt really fit this car. You can call a regular old mustang stock but this thing...its like getting a new C7 HPE600 and calling it stock...there is nothing stock about it. haha Unfortunately it will be dark when we meet again. But i will do the best i can to get good videos

turbor850

Ready to race!
I am assuming its stock but it has the SVT package which apparently makes a difference. Makes it lighter and adjusts the gears and such. I would think most people leave this car stock bc the term stock doesnt really fit this car. You can call a regular old mustang stock but this thing...its like getting a new C7 HPE600 and calling it stock...there is nothing stock about it. haha Unfortunately it will be dark when we meet again. But i will do the best i can to get good videos

SVT Performance Package

Also welcome is the bad-ass-itude of a new option bundle focused on track use, dubbed the SVT Performance Package. Ordering the pack nabs Goodyear’s new Eagle F1 Supercar G: 2 rubber; the tires feature an asymmetrical tread pattern and are supposed to deliver handling characteristics that closely mimic those of a race-prepped car. The Performance pack also includes retuned dampers and stiffer springs, plus new lightweight aluminum wheels—19 inches in front and 20 in the rear—that save about 15 pounds over the standard rollers. Ride height with the pack is reduced by 0.4 inch in front and 0.3 inch in the rear, and the standard 3.55:1 axle ratio is increased to 3.73:1.

All of the above are claimed to improve 0-to-60-mph acceleration by 0.1 second.

And that .1 second will make or break the race!!!!!! lol

well now we know what SVT means....but we arent doing 0-60....but anyway yea should be a good one...I dont expect to win...but i can still want to. ..never know...I suspect we will get 2 or 3runs in.

turbor850

Ready to race!
well now we know what SVT means....but we arent doing 0-60....but anyway yea should be a good one...I dont expect to win...but i can still want to. ..never know...I suspect we will get 2 or 3runs in.

Hmmm we'll those cars are solid 115-117 trap and the way you pulled the 5.0 it should be close, depends on the GT500 driver

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
No i get it, and F that...my car is as fast as it is BC i put this money into it...Ive got less into my car as a total than that mustang GT and that M3 when it was brand new...so win for me. Those "stock" cars are supposed to destroy me...the fact that they have no idea whats in store for them makes it all that much sweeter when I leave them and see their faces on the way by.....always disbelief. Thats what I paid for. So if you would like to correct yourself and say take the same overall budget and go have fun...I still win. :D
Their cars are supposed to win, and they are supposed to be fast car even stock...so na na na boo boo go stick your head up someone elses ass....haha

Just giving people the details I would want...im attention to detail thats all. Also showing that I could beat them worse if given an optimal scenario ...I dont just want to win...i want to destroy.

They do destroy a stock GTI. I don't know anyone who thinks a stock GT or M3 can beat a stage 3+ GTI in a roll race.

You paid all that money just to see looks on other peoples faces?You need to stop worrying so much about what other people think of you winning a race on public roads.

Those cars are fast STOCK, unlike yours was. GTI is a great car for a myriad of reasons, including aftermarket performance, but it is not a fast car from the factory. Your statement of those cars are supposed to win does not have any merit when you mod the way you have.

Careful out there, BRO. It can be dangerous.

Keep making immature comments like you have been, and continue to give the BT and second hand GTI owners bad names. :clap: