GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI vs Camaro

hotLick

Bmws suck. You suck. Everything sucks.

By the way, long strolls on the beach are overrated.

Bugs bunny hates you.

Did I miss anything?

oh yea, I have a voodoo doll of your car. Say one wrong word and I will make bad things happen. I sharpened the needle recently too.

//Droooooooid

zhijjawi10

Go Kart Champion
lol why can't people just focus on the race? thread jacking at its finest.

I can easily see a stage I gti keeping up with a camero RS. Its really not that crazy... camero is heavy and gti gets a ton of torque after reflash.

schwarzerGTI11

Ready to race!
lol why can't people just focus on the race? thread jacking at its finest.

I can easily see a stage I gti keeping up with a camero RS. Its really not that crazy... camero is heavy and gti gets a ton of torque after reflash.

Thanks for getting back on what this thread is really about!

mkstan15

Ready to race!
WTF is in the water in Cali? Who the fuck brags about buying a nearly 10 yr old car that was probably modded by someone else? I don't care if your car goes 0-60 in 1 sec or can run laps around the ring in 8 minutes. The last time I check, streets in america still had speed limits so all the horsepower in the world doesn't mean jack. Internet thuggery on this forum is getting out of control.

Last edited:

Cackalacka

Ready to race!
I didn't learn anything new about stage 1 vs V6 Camaros on this thread.

I didn't learn anything new about beemers on this thread.

That said, my existing opinion of beemers has been reinforced.

Used cars are teh awesome.

Poltergeist

Ready to race!
And the new Mustang GT is pretty nasty, you should read the article with it vs the M3......oh yeah the M3 sucks too LMFAO

I completely agree OP's race is possible.
That being said....

Mustangs are never nasty, Mustangs/Camaros/Chargers all those American muscle cars are only fast in straight lines. but people seems to only care about straight line speed these days, so yeah those cars are fast. but thats my opinion, prove me wrong if you think otherwise.

Calling M3 sucks is nonsense. Only because you have never been into one.
Lets' be clear here, M3, awesome car. M3 drivers, sometimes not.

Yearzeroiscoming (or whatever that reads), you don't have the argument anymore. All I see now is someone wants to brag how nice E46 (was it E46? I'm lazy to check you post) is. M3 sure becomes a sucky car with you in it (just like xrayman34 said) haha :p

thank you for reading, I couldn't resist posting :D

Skywarp23

Ready to race!
has anyone took torque numbers into account?
i believe its possible for a stage 1 to be close or even to leave behind
300 bhp N/A heavy car from a dig.
im sure camero has better 0-100 times than a stage one, but what about
50-100 or 60-120 km/h? im sure a gti is even or better than cameros on a roll.

THIS!!!

2010 Camaro LS (V6) - 278 ft lbs torque, 312 HP, 3780 lbs curb weight
2010 APR Stage I GTI - 294 ft lbs torque, 250 HP, 3034 lbs curb weight

Stage I GTI has more torque, and is 700 lbs lighter than the Camaro.

Also, if you calculate power to weight ratio's, both cars sit right at .082 hp per pound, and the GTI has .02 ft lbs of torque more per pound, making them pretty equal competitors in a race.

That, and you have to take into account the driver of the car. All the power in the world accounts for nothing if the driver can't handle the car.

Y34RZ3R0iscoming, you need to do your research before coming in here spouting crap. I love M3's, but like you said about APR earlier, they're not ">everything"

@ OP, good story! :thumbsup:

Last edited: