GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello from Vancouver! Intro with Pics!

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
I was in the same boat, the car that was available had the 18's even though I'm going to be replacing them and their rotund 30lb weight.

I'm currently considering the neuspeeds or OZ super/ultra/whatever/leggeras.

Go for Team Dynamics! Cheaper than the other options mentioned here, and at 20lbs for 18x8 it's not shabby at all!

Neuspeeds are awesome, but at $400-500 a pop it's a bit out of my price range. :(

siagolf

Ready to race!
I was in the same boat, the car that was available had the 18's even though I'm going to be replacing them and their rotund 30lb weight.

I'm currently considering the neuspeeds or OZ super/ultra/whatever/leggeras.

Can't go wrong with either! For OZ Ultralegg's, check out MrClean's ride for an idea on how they look on a red with similar lowering/ride-height as mine.

siagolf

Ready to race!
I noticed you got yours from Cowell VW - are you around Richmond a lot? Did you get your flash at RPI?

And where is that photoshoot location?

Sorry forgot to answer the rest of your questions:

1. Yup, picked up the car at Cowell but I don't spend a lot of time in Richmond...in fact I try to avoid it if I can! :lol:

2. Yup, RPI did the flash -- great guys, great service, very knowledgeable, and the owner is a fellow MK6 GTI owner so he knows what's up! :w00t:

3. Pics were taken at the top of Burnaby Mountain, outside the Horizon's restaurant. I find going early in the morning is the best time to avoid the crowds and you do have to block some traffic to get the best background/views in the pic.

sweetsandman

Ready to race!
Thanks Bro -- much appreciated! :)

I was thinking the same thing, but if I do sell the car down the road, I think it'll get more value with the 18"s. Roastpuff is right as well -- availability of an optioned-out car with 17"s is very very limited, and chances are you'll need to go with a factory order if that's what you want. :(

Oh I see...I was kinda noticing that not many (in fact none) were equipped with the 17s as I was trolling all the VW dealerships in my area looking for the one I want...kinda saddening..cuz up in Ohio we have some yucky winters and it would be nice to have the 17s handy for then so I could get winter tires cheaper and then get some nice aftermarkets for the summer.

Ratio

Woo another addition to the Vancouver crew!

Haha, I totally missed the meeting too on March 7th. I was too busy studying for my upcoming midterms.

Roastpuff I think I saw you on SW Marine the other day. I was the CW GTI behind you! Wanted to say hi, but you took a turn and you were off SW Marine =(.

I don't see your car often in North parkade anymore, have you migrated to another parkade? Haha

Nice car though, I personally like the Detroits a lot, but I am on a look out for a nice set of summer shoes for my GTI. I am thinking of 18” X 8” BBS CK Wheels In Glossy Black as of now, but still uncertain!

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
Woo another addition to the Vancouver crew!

Haha, I totally missed the meeting too on March 7th. I was too busy studying for my upcoming midterms.

Roastpuff I think I saw you on SW Marine the other day. I was the CW GTI behind you! Wanted to say hi, but you took a turn and you were off SW Marine =(.

I don't see your car often in North parkade anymore, have you migrated to another parkade? Haha

Nice car though, I personally like the Detroits a lot, but I am on a look out for a nice set of summer shoes for my GTI. I am thinking of 18” X 8” BBS CK Wheels In Glossy Black as of now, but still uncertain!

I tend to be on the basement level of the parkade, as there are usually at least 1 or 2 good spots open at any time of day, and it's close to the SUB/Irving K/Buchanan, which is where my classes are held.

I'm just hiding. ;)

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
Looking nice! Have links to the full res pics, and mind if I chop a couple into background sizes (and maybe do a bit of photoshopping)?

siagolf

Ready to race!
Looking nice! Have links to the full res pics, and mind if I chop a couple into background sizes (and maybe do a bit of photoshopping)?

Thanks Bro! :) I can email you the pics directly if you PM me your email address? And please do share your post-chopped pics! :thumbsup:

Ratio

I tend to be on the basement level of the parkade, as there are usually at least 1 or 2 good spots open at any time of day, and it's close to the SUB/Irving K/Buchanan, which is where my classes are held.

I'm just hiding. ;)

Sneakkkyyy. We should meet up one day at the SUB or something! Have a little "vroom vroom fun" on SW Marine. Lots of police lately though, probably because of the Olympics. Just Monday, some riced out Civic got caught =P

jaygti1

Ready to race!
Go for Team Dynamics! Cheaper than the other options mentioned here, and at 20lbs for 18x8 it's not shabby at all!

Neuspeeds are awesome, but at $400-500 a pop it's a bit out of my price range. :(

What is the $/wheel like for team dynamics? Who are the suppliers here in Canada?

They look pretty good, but seeing the 19" neuspeeds... :D

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
Thanks Bro! :) I can email you the pics directly if you PM me your email address? And please do share your post-chopped pics! :thumbsup:

you've got private message :)

siagolf

Ready to race!
you've got private message :)

original pic files emailed over! sorry for the delay -- the files were in my other computer. let me know if you need/like anymore -- i've got a few more that i didn't post up to keep the length of my original post reasonable.