GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hidden Compartments

StayStetti

Banned
if you have stuff in your car and you get pulled over you're probably fucked anyways. Regardless if you have a supersecret hiding spot

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
if you have stuff in your car and you get pulled over you're probably fucked anyways. Regardless if you have a supersecret hiding spot

Honestly unless there's a K9 unit, cops aren't going to tear your car apart to find something unless it's obvious you're hiding something. Be calm and keep the car clean and simple, you'll have no problems. I've seen cops search plenty of cars ( :( ) and seen several people I know get caught and cuffed off the prison right in front of me because they keep their shit in their glovebox, or spill on their floors. Keep it clean, keep it simple, keep it hidden, :smoking:

oh, and don't forget, this stuff is the only solution I have found:

StayStetti

Banned
Yeah it's not even about that. Cops are trained to spot people's body language/nervousness/whathaveyou.

Oh, another good place is the gas cap for any non-perishable/sealed goods.

Mindfields

Ready to race!
Honestly unless there's a K9 unit, cops aren't going to tear your car apart to find something unless it's obvious you're hiding something. Be calm and keep the car clean and simple, you'll have no problems. I've seen cops search plenty of cars ( :( ) and seen several people I know get caught and cuffed off the prison right in front of me because they keep their shit in their glovebox, or spill on their floors. Keep it clean, keep it simple, keep it hidden, :smoking:

Yep calm n cool, had an incident, shit was stashed under the floor mat, calm n cool and never was found !

tmiw

Go Kart Champion

Unless they have probable cause, you can say no to the search. You may need a lawyer to back you up though, cops tend to not like that answer.

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
Unless they have probable cause, you can say no to the search. You may need a lawyer to back you up though, cops tend to not like that answer.

I've heard this over and over but I don't believe it.

I see this in my head

"Do you have any drugs or weapons in the car?"

"No sir"

"We're going to do a quick search of your vehicle just to make sure there's nothing in here that can harm us"

"I don't consent to that"

"Get in the van."

":("

but honestly, after you say you don't consent to a search, what do they say? "oh, ok" ??? :laugh:

StayStetti

Banned
Wouldn't that be one of the first places they'd check out?

Iono, is that common? think it'd be better on our cars with the button to open the cap kind of concealed itself (you guys have this, right?)

:D

True enough. If I ever had something I'd just tell them unless it was super well hidden. Cops like that lol.

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
True enough. If I ever had something I'd just tell them unless it was super well hidden. Cops like that lol.

nooooooooooo there is an extremely small chance they will let possession slide, no matter what. Kid at my school got possession charge for having "flakes" on the ground.

beatcop818

Ready to race!
I'm a cop in Florida and this thread cracks me up. If we suspect for whatever reason we can articulate, we can search. Some of those reasons need your permission, some of the reasons don't, as previously ruled per case law.
If it is a reason that we need your permission, and you refuse, yes we will get a dog, the dog will more than likely alert to whatever you have. That could be dope, explosives or whatever.
Then we tow your car, get a search warrant and you goto jail anyways.

Moral of the story here...... Don't be a fucking criminal. Problem solved. Now please carry on with this entertaining thread getting legal advise. Epic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper

Autocross Champion

Funny how quickly a cop can find some "probable cause". Be respectful, don't be a moron and they should leave you alone.

However if they have no reason to suspect you never be scared to invoke your 4th amendment rights...... while we still have them, sort of. Just because you don't have anything to hide doesn't necessarily mean you should let them search you. We shouldn't live in a world where we are assumed and treated guilty until proven innocent.

beatcop818

Ready to race!
I agree also with Thumper. We aren't allowed to just make shit up and violate your civil rights. And if there's no reason to suspect you of doing anything wrong, you don't have to subject yourself to a search.
Most people do (and even stupid guilty criminals) submit to a search when they know nothing is in the car to get it over with and get on with your day.
Either way, I've said this many times to people I deal with. Once you realize the roles we play "criminal ~vs~ police" you will do a lot better dealing with the end results. Once people realize it isn't personal, just part of the whole cat and mouse game, it makes things easier to swallow when you are in cuffs. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flomaa6

Ready to race!
True I live in the great state of GA lol where u can have ur gun in ur car loaded lol not really ( I have my carry and conceal). Well the other day after the range I usually put my side arm in glove compartment but I don't wat I was thinking, I jus put it in the passenger seat and before I knew I was getting pulled over, so i do the usual get my licenses and what not but I still had my gun in the seat. In my head O SHIIIIT! But the cop was kool just said y I had it out and if it was loaded ( good thing I had it in my holster and it wasn't loaded). So told him the truth and got a warning for running a yellowish light lol

Adisz

Ready to race!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336632340.010958.jpg
If you run your hand right under the airbag light in that panel you will feel where the panel ends. You can grip it with your nails if you pull toward the shifter it pops out and you can stash things in there lol.