GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hot New Eonon Android 5.1.1 VW Navigation GA6153W with 1024x600 HD Screen Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EononCarDVD

Go Kart Champion
I have a 2012 GTI with the absolute base model headunit. I'd really like to change it..

However.. And this is where I need help. I REALLY like the integration with Bluetooth for calls using MFD and stalk to control it. If I move to this unit, do I lose that?

Hi GuiltySpark, the bluetooth of your car will not work after installing our unit, but you can still use the Bluetooth function of our unit, also quite convenient, thanks a lot! ;)

Any plans to make one with knobs on it, oem style?

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

in for OEM style knobs.

can the ram be upgraded on these 1g DDR3 rams?

Hi Pyotr & Sleeping Forest, we're testing the Android 5.1 units with DVD player function and knobs for VW currently, but we need to improve the software till all the functions are tested steady enough, then we will release the Android 5.1 units to the market, thanks! :)

EononCarDVD

Go Kart Champion
Just received this today. Had it installed and running within 30 mins. Easy install even for a wiring illiterate guy like myself.

Not big on the UI/layout Eonon setup on these new 5.1 units. Looks dated compared to kit kat version and they kind of took a step backwards. Going to use some third party launchers to modify to my liking.

Glad to hear that bchance! You've done a great installation job, only in 30min! :thumbup: Look forward more of your installation pics and reviews shared, many members will thank you here, cheers! :p

VDubGTI12

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi,
This may have been clarified elsewhere already and I just haven't found it. But does the the GA6153w headunit work with the DynAudio system? I see you guys specifically say it works with the Fender system.

I have a 2012 GTI with the DynAudio system.

Thanks!

'12 GTI Autobahn | REVO stage 2 | APR Carbonio Stage 1 & 2 Intake | CTS Turbo 3" Catted Downpipe | RokBlokz Mud Flaps | DeAutoKey LED

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
How is the connectivity with the iPhone 6S+?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EononCarDVD

Go Kart Champion
Hi,
This may have been clarified elsewhere already and I just haven't found it. But does the the GA6153w headunit work with the DynAudio system? I see you guys specifically say it works with the Fender system.

I have a 2012 GTI with the DynAudio system.

Thanks!

'12 GTI Autobahn | REVO stage 2 | APR Carbonio Stage 1 & 2 Intake | CTS Turbo 3" Catted Downpipe | RokBlokz Mud Flaps | DeAutoKey LED

Hi VDubGTI12, thanks for your interest! Yes the Eonon GA6153W Android 5.1 unit can also work with DynAudio system very well like previous units. :thumbup: Welcome to join our group buy if you like!

How is the connectivity with the iPhone 6S+?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Trytun, the GA6153W bluetooth phone call and bluetooth music functions can work with your iPhone well, the Mirrorlink of GA6153W won't be compatible with the iPhone as it's only applicable for Android phones, thanks! ;)

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Does this retain the GPS display in the MFI screen? Also can I browse and play music stored on my phone via USB from the head unit?

What are the group buy details? Cheaper than the 319.00 offered on the site?

Forgot to add.. Does it retain the factory microphone for hands free calling?

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Damn. Losing the control over phone calls in the MFD is kinda a deal breaker for me.

Are you sure he wasn't just referring to the hands free bluetooth?

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
Hi Pyotr & Sleeping Forest, we're testing the Android 5.1 units with DVD player function and knobs for VW currently, but we need to improve the software till all the functions are tested steady enough, then we will release the Android 5.1 units to the market, thanks! :)

Is there a release date or estimate for this new unit? I'm excited to see it!

EononCarDVD

Go Kart Champion
Does this retain the GPS display in the MFI screen? Also can I browse and play music stored on my phone via USB from the head unit?

What are the group buy details? Cheaper than the 319.00 offered on the site?

Forgot to add.. Does it retain the factory microphone for hands free calling?

Hi mr wrong, the GPS info can’t be showed on the MFI screen, hope you understand. You can’t listen to the music by connecting with your phone with USB, but you can listen to it by wireless Bluetooth music function, even more convenient! The factory mic can’t be retained for hands free calling, please use our own unit’s Bluetooth function and mic too.

About the price, sure it will be cheaper than the current 319USD price, would be a great deal, we will calculate for you guys once more people are collected! Thanks! :p

Damn. Losing the control over phone calls in the MFD is kinda a deal breaker for me.

Hi GuiltySpark, it’s also convenient to use the built-in Bluetooth function of our unit. Many guys love it too. We have checked with the factory, currently no after-market head units can be compatible with factory Bluetooth, it’s normal, hope you understand, thanks.

Will this use the VW factory bluetooth or do you have to run a mic separately

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Hi arulsriram, as I’ve said before, the factory Bluetooth can’t be used after installing our unit. You can use our unit’s Bluetooth function and built-in mic of GA6153W, thanks!

Last edited:

EononCarDVD

Go Kart Champion
Is there a release date or estimate for this new unit? I'm excited to see it!

Hi Tony, it won't be so soon. We're testing such Android 5.1 units currently, but we need to improve the software till all the functions are tested steady enough, then we will release them to the market, thanks. ;)

nebmaindeck

I'm running into an issue with the unit I purchased. I am unable to assign the steering wheel controls using the built in application. When I select the key I would like to assign and then push the button on the steering wheel, it does not assign the key. Instead, it performs the action it was assigned already. For example I would like to reassign the mute button to be play/pause but when I go to assign the button it just mutes the radio and does not change the assignment. This is for a 2011 GTI with dynaudio. Any suggestions?

VDubGTI12

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry more questions!
1. Is there a adapter to use the factory GPS antenna?
2. Is a dual Fakra radio antenna included or is that to be purchased separately?
3. Is there anyway to mirror your iPhone like the android functionality?

Thanks in advance!

'12 GTI Autobahn | REVO stage 2 | APR Carbonio Stage 1 & 2 Intake | CTS Turbo 3" Catted Downpipe | RokBlokz Mud Flaps | Driver Gear Springs

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Hi mr wrong, the GPS info can’t be showed on the MFI screen, hope you understand.

What about media information on the MFI such as what song is playing?

What is the boot time when the car is switched on?

Status
Not open for further replies.