GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hottexhaust Downpipe, bought and installed

Vwfreak1

Go Kart Champion
Yes, I bought it! There was mixed opinions on this Downpipe when it was first discovered and no one seemed to be willing to try it out. My friend got in touch with them and was able to get a very good price on them. I said why not be a guinea pig and try it out.

Well, I have to say I'm quite impressed with the product, comes with a Magnaflow 200 cell cat, welds are sturdy, piping is nice, o2 bungs fit perfectly with the o2 sensors and the bracket aligns perfectly even though it's not the nicest looking bracket out there, but who cares really, it's under the car... If you give hottexhaust a call you can get it for around 400$ shipped. They can add a resonator for 50$.

The only thing that had to be done was cutting ~ 4" of the midpipe to couple with the Magnaflow CBE. No adjustment had to be made to the exhaust and everything is well centered, clearance is perfect, not vibrations or weird noises, DP as been installed for a little more than a week now.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 170
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    108 KB · Views: 171
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 206
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 183
  • photo .JPG
    photo .JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 183

twistid

Ready to race!
Hmm, I have a Magnaflow CBE as well... When you cut the midpipe down, was it able to slide on normally? It uses clamps?

ns01gti

Go Kart Champion
Looks like a nice DP. Can't argue with that price either. How's the combo sound?

Also, I love the gratuitous Tim Horton's shot. No roll-up? ;-)

omgturbo!

Go Kart Champion
Cbfa or ccta? Or both?

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Vwfreak1

Go Kart Champion
Looks like a nice DP. Can't argue with that price either. How's the combo sound?

Also, I love the gratuitous Tim Horton's shot. No roll-up? ;-)

Roll up the rim came out last week I think, those pics are 2 weeks old :p

As for the sound... It's intoxicating! You hear the spool of the turbo quite good now. It's deep and throathy and theres absolutely no drone on the highway.

crew219

Banned
What grade stainless is it? Hottexhaust doesn't mention it. If it's anything like the rest of magnaflow's line, it would be T-409.

JewFro

Ready to race!
No idea... But probably what you said.

And if it is the same type as Magnaflow it means its going to get crusty pretty quickly.

My MF catback is looking pretty nasty already minus the tips and actual muffler.

Vwfreak1

Go Kart Champion
lot more than an extra bung is needed. flange holes need to be slotted.

Oh, I thought it was just the matter of a extra hole for the O2 sensor... Those CBFA sure are picky.

I wonder if you had a CCTA motor if your O2 sensor spacer project with stg1 would have worked?