GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How long did your factory battery last?

AM407

Autocross Champion
Still on the original battery. Build date 02/10, been driving it since 04/10.

Cranks over as quick as it ever did, so I’m not about to replace it just yet. I’ve also got a coolant heater and plug the car in whenever it gets much below freezing, so that makes life a little easier on the battery.

The Canuck

Ready to race!
Mine just kicked the bucket last week. Build date 05/13 with just under 36,000 miles. Ended up going with OEM battery since the car was getting some service done, and I received some coupons which made it a decent deal out the door.

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
I'm impressed, considering the best aftermarket batteries only offer 5 year warranties, getting more than that out of an OEM battery is really nice. I'm never gotten more than 3 years from an OEM battery.

If only the OEM tires had been decent...

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Got 4 years out of oem battery in michigan climate. Imo it only failed because it got fully discharged by accident during a tint job. Forgot the leds dont turn off automatically, and they had to jump the car. Battery never recovered after that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
Mine died three months ago, 7/12 build date, original owner bought it in 13. Not too bad.

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
Just curious.

My car was built on 06/2012 and the factory battery is still going strong.

Wow........pretty darn good! My battery on my 2014 died at two years, with 47k on the clock.

ImitationMan

Passed Driver's Ed
I bought my 2013 in July 2015. The battery in it died the night I took it home. It was replaced by the dealership with an OEM. Then that battery lasted 22 months. Again replaced by the dealership for free last May since it lasted less than 3 years.

At the rate I'm going, I may never need to buy a battery again.

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
Still on the original battery. Build date 02/10, been driving it since 04/10.

Damnnnn

I bought my 2013 in July 2015. The battery in it died the night I took it home. It was replaced by the dealership with an OEM. Then that battery lasted 22 months. Again replaced by the dealership for free last May since it lasted less than 3 years.

At the rate I'm going, I may never need to buy a battery again.

not a bad setup you got goin on there

zrickety

The Fixer
I'm on my third battery, 2010 car. Typically lasts 3 years on this car and my previous MK5. It's not the slow cranks that get me, I start getting weird fault codes for the ABS, etc. Last one did try to strand me at Autozone though.

Jeffs2013GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Just curious.

My car was built on 06/2012 and the factory battery is still going strong.

My GTI was also built in June of 2012, is yours a 2013? My car was sold as a 2013 while others sold as 2012's, weird. haha

My Battery lasted 2 yrs. Out here where I live, the desert heat KILLS batteries.

Average for any car out where I am is 2 yrs. Just how it is. Heat kills batteries as bad as Severe Cold.

Jeff

markus037

Ready to race!
my original one died last year 7/16. funny thing is the car gave no warning. went to leave work and it wouldnt start. replaced mine with an interstate one and that died a few months later 2/17. I havent had any issues since so maybe i just got a bad one. i keep a jump pack in my hatch just in case now.

Uberryan

Banned
VW battery lasted me 2.5 years both times. Settled on an aftermarket battery with a 3yr warranty.