GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How many girls drive GTI's?

Larry70454

Ready to race!
As "cute" as the car is, I will say that the MKVI's look much more aggressive than MKV's. This leads me to my next question..does aggressive mean manly?

Miata is driven mostly by men, however, because of it's un-aggressiveness people think it's a chick car.

See?

There is a 40-50 year old lady in my area drives a CSG MK6 GTI....

TBH I've seen more girls in MK6 GTIs than guys for whatever reason...

I was more surprised by the age than the gender, still it was a clean GTI.

nouse4aname

Go Kart Champion
My wife says the car is a dude magnet. Always getting compliments from guys, moreso than any other car/suv we've had.

nouse4aname

Go Kart Champion
Even cars that are traditionally thought of as guys cars are popular with girls.
I'd be willing to bet that more girls drive Mustangs and Camaros tha GTIs.

The mustang is thought of as a guys car? That's the pony that daddy's little princesses get on their sweet 16.

JesGistang

Passed Driver's Ed
Me? I like the R32 far better. It's a much more refined and enjoyable drive with the smooth VR6 power and AWD.

My wife likes the GTI better because, as she says "It's peppy and I can pass people easy" :laugh:

And yes; the R32 is faster than the GTI :thumbsup:
Lol-I love the reason your wife likes it...makes me chuckle..:p
We were doing some research for the new R, and stock for stock, the new GTI wasn't far behind from a dig..but with upgrades it's probably a beast(the R)!

JesGistang

Passed Driver's Ed
Girls in my area drive Ford Focuses..Camries..Cavaliers..and busted pick-up trucks lol

RickA1

Ready to race!
Are you guys talking about the New Beetle, or the New - New Beetle???? IMO there is a difference in that I wouldn't mind owning the latter.

BackToVWs

Ready to race!
Are you guys talking about the New Beetle, or the New - New Beetle???? IMO there is a difference in that I wouldn't mind owning the latter.

the old New Beetle.

I wasnt aware the *new* beetle had the "new beetle" moniker...confusing

but yea that new beetle is pretty sharp...get the turbo in black, lower it, tint the windows, maybe a slightly lower front spoiler...

walker

Go Kart Newbie
E-bugster, Beetle R--- still looks girly to me. Vintage bugs are alright, but still kinda girly. I have literally never seen a guy driving a beetle, other then vintage ones.

JesGistang

Passed Driver's Ed
I agree^. I think no matter what Beetle you have, it's still a girl's car...it just has that non-aggressive look to it that a lot of females find suiting for their driving needs.

BackToVWs

Ready to race!
E-bugster, Beetle R--- still looks girly to me. Vintage bugs are alright, but still kinda girly. I have literally never seen a guy driving a beetle, other then vintage ones.

worst experience of my life, in highschool, my friend was the only one with a car one day-- his sister's New Beetle, bright yellow w/ a flower.

We were literally laughed at twice at various stoplights, on the way to lunch.
:fighting0030::w00t:

JesGistang

Passed Driver's Ed
worst experience of my life, in highschool, my friend was the only one with a car one day-- his sister's New Beetle, bright yellow w/ a flower.

We were literally laughed at twice at various stoplights, on the way to lunch.
:fighting0030::w00t:
Sorry, but that's funny..
:lol:

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
i always used to joke with my buddies about people that drove huge lifted trucks. one time i saw an f150 that i could have probably walked under. i turned to euro89 (russ) and said "MAN! i feel bad for that guy, he must have a TINY penis"

trucks don't mean "manly" trucks usually mean

a.) i have a "blue collar" job that requires me to carry heavy objects to places
b.) i have kids and need to take them and their friends to soccer practice
c.) i need a very large car because i feel inferior about my masculinity
d.) i live in the sticks and need to navigate through dirt roads a lot

JesGistang

Passed Driver's Ed
yea he tried to play it off by saying, "the car has SEAT COVERS! like...a race car!" :mad0259:

LOLOL~that's AWESOME! I'm sure someone seen the sweet seat covers and looked past the exterior model :D