HYDE16 Reviews - Fluidampr® Crank Pulley for Volkswagen TSI® Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

zrickety

The Fixer
Voodoo magic.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
wtf either must be the flu that i have but did i just read correctly? it weighs more than stock but better performance?

Bear with me here...

The benefit of less weight is less inertia. Inertia is related to torque (and power) by T=I*a, where I is inertia and a is rotational acceleration. More inertia requires more torque from the engine, and therefore robs wheel torque. By this evaluation, you're right to be skeptical.

Rotational acceleration is what this piece reduces, however. By damping out vibrations, the torque required to counter the serpentine belt and all accessories on it is therefore reduced. Presumably, given the power bump, rotational acceleration is reduced more than the inertia is increased.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Seems like you'd say it's worth the $400. I just bought a need for seat...but maybe this will be my next purchase, and one of my final purchases...maybe...probably not...damnit...

6MTCSG

Banned
This seems like the mod that all of us are looking for. A price I am definitely willing to pay for comfort.

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
Damn I need more low end power since I'm k04 we need some bottom end power. This mod is perfect for k03. Don't like that dip in power in the beginning. [emoji17]

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Damn I need more low end power since I'm k04 we need some bottom end power. This mod is perfect for k03. Don't like that dip in power in the beginning. [emoji17]

It's so minimal you don't feel it at all. Focus on low end traction and you will be faster even with this slightest of dips.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
For real...

Hyde to the rescue??!!

We're almost there, been building this car for the highest K04 numbers on a DynoJet...finalizing E85 blending now to run an E85 mix with direct port water meth on the APR 100 octane V3.1 file, add in this damper and final numbers should be interesting. I literally do not have any other power adders to add. I even ported the damn K04 turbo for efficiency. Traction is all worked out and the lighter wheels should translate well to the dyno to apply all of the power down. The only thing left is that I'm still running a DMFW.

sovietsky19

Go Kart Champion
Does this benefit DSG GTI's with K04 as well? I apologize for the dumb question in advance.

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
In for k04 numbers... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.