GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Insults to your GTI

RobC2

love this thread. shows both how complimentary AND ignorant non-VW drivers can be.

I used to have a Honda S2000 and on those forums we had a similar thread. One of the worst comments I received on that car came from my younger sister. I overheard her telling a friend that I bought a new...

Civic convertible!

:cry:

GTI'10man

Ready to race!
Only one friend hates on my car and he talks like

"here let me help you readjust the seat, it's a Volkswagen"
"it's a Volkswagen eventually it's going to break down and cost a shitload to repair. Compared to my Acura"
"it's turboed and all you get is 200hp? Weak"

He compliments it as well but that's really the only hating remarks I've gotten.

nuggstein

Go Kart Champion
I also had someone call my car a minivan when I had my R32. Honestly I got a lot of compliments from the r32. Not that much from the GTI. But all my friends with more expensive cars love my car. I love it more and more day by day.
When I sent my sister a picture of the car, she said it looked like a minivan. How can that even be a thought?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I used to have a Honda S2000 and on those forums we had a similar thread. One of the worst comments I received on that car came from my younger sister. I overheard her telling a friend that I bought a new...

Civic convertible!

:cry:

OUCH!

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
1. It's cute, like a white bunny! (Girls)
2. I liked your STI better. (Some friends/family)
3. Why a GTI? All the kids in Europe love to rice that car out! (Coworker)

I'm happy with the GTI, so doesn't really affect me. :)

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
1. It's cute, like a white bunny! (Girls)
2. I liked your STI better. (Some friends/family)
3. Why a GTI? All the kids in Europe love to rice that car out! (Coworker)

I'm happy with the GTI, so doesn't really affect me. :)

oh man, don't even get me started on that one^

limon

Ready to race!
my dad "the car is nice ... but you cant drive my grandson in the car his mom should be driving"

My son (4 years old) "papi i like the square seats .... it goes faster than mami's car ... "

tribecagolf

Ready to race!
I have a two car garage but back to back, meaning, you have to move your car in order to take out the other one. So my golf is in the back and I had a friend over who had parked his SUV in front of mine. I needed to get out, and he said "I'll just open the trunk of my car and put it in the back of my trunk and I'll drive you around".

WAP

Go Kart Champion
Funny, I was just thinking a couple days ago to start a thread asking this very question. I've only ever gotten compliments on the Interlogos and one time a buddy of mine who's 6'8" sat in back and commented on how comfortable he was back there!

Only insult I ever got was when we were out with my wifes' friend from work and her husband and they offered to drive us to my car which was parked far away and it was cold out. As we got close to my car my wife's friend said, "oh, you drive a Toyota Matrix?" I was flabbergasted and all I could think to say was to mutter something like, "no, not even close".

It made me throw up in my mouth and then I beat her to death with my shoe. I may be kidding about at least one of those things.

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
I have a fat co-worker that I don't like (I think it's mutual) who called my GTI a go cart.

My GTI IS a go kart. :D

My wife loves it.

Insults...hmm...most of them are pointless but there was this one black kid I didn't know, walking by as I dropped someone off at the barracks..."Hey nice car but I could whip the shit out of it in my car."

Me:

...What do you drive?"

Him: "Eclipse..."

Me:

...You sound awful confident..."

Him: "Yeah I could totally roll you!"

Me:

*look over at my buddy who says* "Yeah, his car is a total POS..."

DubLife

Ready to race!
New compliment: People freak over all the red lighting in the interior. Tonight someone got in my car and said "Whoaaa it's like a spaceship in here with all the red lights man, thats awesome"