GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Introducing ECS Street Shield Aluminum Skid Plate - VW MKVI !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
I agree, it's not hard to remove and mine has already saved me. I still don't mind swiss cheesing it a bit, this thing is heavy duty.

ECS, are the vents supposed to mimic the stock ones because I found I needed to bend them open?

i believe its supposed to help cool the transmission. mine are only at maybe a 20* angle nothing crazy. yours were shut?

phant0m

Ready to race!
i believe its supposed to help cool the transmission. mine are only at maybe a 20* angle nothing crazy. yours were shut?
Mine are at a very slight angle too. Just as it shows on their website.

On a bright note, had the shield installed less than two months now and it's saved me once already! This is a must if you're lowered! Also provides great peace of mind

Sent from my LG G4 via Verizon Wireless 4G LTE.

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
I agree, it's not hard to remove and mine has already saved me. I still don't mind swiss cheesing it a bit, this thing is heavy duty.

ECS, are the vents supposed to mimic the stock ones because I found I needed to bend them open?

No need to bend anything but, if you are having a concern please contact our customer service team and we can go from there!

Mine are at a very slight angle too. Just as it shows on their website.

On a bright note, had the shield installed less than two months now and it's saved me once already! This is a must if you're lowered! Also provides great peace of mind

Sent from my LG G4 via Verizon Wireless 4G LTE.

Thanks for the feedback, glad it saved you!

Andy

zrickety

The Fixer
I don't really have a concern, just giving feedback. My vents were pretty flat, in the website pics they look angled as they should be.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
do you guys sell hardware individually? i got under my car and noticed one of the bolts (and washers) from the subframe came out or i forgot to put them in. either way i can't find them anywhere.

zrickety

The Fixer
Try a dab of blue loctite on the new bolts.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
nah it comes off too often. normally i hand tighten them all while centering the washers and then go back over them with a torx bit to tighten them down. i must have just forgotten to tighten one. i'm not to worried about the bolts, moreso the washer.

zrickety

The Fixer
Blue is removable, I was thinking you might have mounts that vibrated them loose.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
Blue is removable, I was thinking you might have mounts that vibrated them loose.

i know, but i'd rather not have to rely on that to hold it in and if it needs to come off quickly. i use a small hand tool to remove the bolts so i don't want it gummed up.

i didn't think about that with the mounts. i hope that's not it but we'll see.

Please contact our customer service team we will get you taken care of!

Email - customerservice@ecstuning.com

Thanks, Andy

awesome thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.