GOLFMKV

It finally happened...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powling

Ready to race!
says the guy squeezing his face in between 2 beers :laugh:

but really, that picture made me laugh. cheers

That was a "business" golf round with a beer client of ours...

...we won the game and the business in the end. :thumbsup:

serpico

Passed Driver's Ed
hahah if you're serious, that's a huge dick move.

Huge dick move?

This guy is on here bragging about how he went Stage 1 at 1k miles, and later Stage 2. Then, he goes on to say he wants VW to lose money.

He is no different then a petty thief who steals from a grocery store.

People turn a blind eye to things like this, because they don't understand the dynamics.

In the grocery store example, losses eventually get passed onto the consumer through higher prices.

So, is it a dick move?

I dunno, I don't believe in paying for other peoples ignorance. If more people held others accountable, and didn't have this "bro code," society would be a much better place.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Huge dick move?

This guy is on here bragging about how he went Stage 1 at 1k miles, and later Stage 2. Then, he goes on to say he wants VW to lose money.

People turn a blind eye to things like this, because they don't understand the dynamics.

In the grocery store example, losses eventually get passed onto the consumer through higher prices.

So, is it a dick move?

I dunno, I don't believe in paying for other peoples ignorance. If more people held others accountable, and didn't have this "bro code," society would be a much better place.

so what business is it of yours?

serpico

Passed Driver's Ed
so what business is it of yours?

I'd like to be able to purchase a GTI in ten years.

Having all these kids with their entitlement mentality only negates that in the future. Considering how bad the GTI sells stateside, coupled with knuckle draggers like the OP trying to squeeze money out of VW for repairs on a tuned vehicle, I wouldn't be surprised if VW said "screw it, it's just not worth it, we are losing money paying for other peoples ignorance" and eventually phased the GTI out over time.

Of course, you would just read some press release about the GTI being a european option only and lambast VW. Meanwhile, you could track it's eventual demise to schmucks like the OP in this thread.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
I'd like to be able to purchase a GTI in ten years.

Having all these kids with their entitlement mentality only negates that in the future. Considering how bad the GTI sells stateside, coupled with knuckle draggers like the OP trying to squeeze money out of VW for repairs on a tuned vehicle, I wouldn't be surprised if VW said "screw it, it's just not worth it, we are losing money paying for other peoples ignorance" and eventually phased the GTI out over time.

Of course, you would just read some press release about the GTI being a european option only and lambast VW. Meanwhile, you could track it's eventual demise to schmucks like the OP in this thread.

you seem to have the same entitlement complex, like you need to fix the world. maybe you should mind your own business and let people make their own decisions.

Gabriel1

Ready to race!

serpico

Passed Driver's Ed
you seem to have the same entitlement complex, like you need to fix the world. maybe you should mind your own business and let people make their own decisions.

Fixing the world is an entitlement complex? I think it would be the opposite?

If someone is stupid enough to post something on a public forum that puts them in a negative situation, they have no one to blame but themselves.

The OP is responsible for his words, as is anyone else on this forum.

Trying to push the blame onto me, for words that were written by the OP, is borderline asinine.

serpico

Passed Driver's Ed
i call total BS on this guys post..this is really not your place to run and tell Mommy and Daddy that the kids are playing to rough for you

Grow up.

If your mommy and daddy owned a business and someone was stealing from them, I doubt you would have the same viewpoint.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
So much fail in this thread.

Actually a big difference. Guy walks into a store and grabs a ham and runs out. Theft.

Guy goes into a grocery store pays money for a ham, goes home, seasons it, let's it marinate then smokes it with cherry and applewood and sits down to eat it and it tastes like SHIT. Same preparation and spices used that everyone else does. Takes it back and demands a replacement ham.....store looses money because of a defective product.

Hhhmm, now which one sounds more like this case? Unless OP STOLE the car off the dealership lot you're example is one founded in ignorance.

So, is it a dick move?

Yes. Did you let the air out of anyone's tires who has a bumper sticker you don't like today?

You're a
but that's ok, I get the feeling you are proud of it anyway.

Honestly, the clutch won't let you handle the power for stage 2.

As has been stated millions of times, on this thread and many others........

You're wrong, stop saying that, it doesn't make it true the more you say it.

Seriously. People are attacking the OP for just telling people they are wrong....and yet, we have this ignorant gem repeated time and time again with no facts or proof to back it up. Mostly because there are no facts to back it up, people just like to say it cause this is the internet and if you type it it's true.

My car has 14,600 miles on it.

Went Stage 1 at 1000 miles.

Went Stage 2 at 6000 miles......

In addition, not only did I NOT 'baby' my car after the initial break in period (seriously, what IDIOT tunes and mods a car for more power and then "babies it'? I am sure there are some morons who go buy a Corvette and then never take it over 3000 RPM and 55mph....but sure that's pretty rare.) and enjoyed quite spirited driving on mountain roads while Stage 1. Lots of shifting, lots of RPMs.

And if that is not enough, after going Stage 2 I started getting into tracking my car. That's right son, Stage 2....on a stock clutch...at the track, the exact OPPOSITE of "babying it". I have done more than 9 track days (Sonoma, Thunderhill, and Laguna Seca) with Stage 2 power and the stock clutch. And guess what? Zero slippage, zero issues, nada.

There is something wrong with these clutches, some random unknown variable that makes some fail and some not, regardless of power. A manufacturing variance, a difference in suppliers, a lazy assembly-line worker who kinda half asses installs. We don't know what is causing it, but we do know that plenty of stock cars have failed and plenty of tuned cars have NOT.

You can not support your statement in any reasonable or logical way, so stop saying it.

iPanir123

Go Kart Champion
What are you talking about of course I can support it, otherwise I wouldn't be saying it. The clutch will slip eventually there is no way you can add 50% more power without the clutch slipping sooner or later. Maybe you're a noob at driving manual and don't know what clutch slippage feels like. Oh wait, now you're going to say how you have years of driving a manual and have sooo much experience. Grow up and stop attacking people on the forum and think you're such a big tough guy. Bottom line is that if he wants to enjoy stage 2 the stock clutch will go crap on him.

serpico

Passed Driver's Ed
So much fail in this thread.

Actually a big difference. Guy walks into a store and grabs a ham and runs out. Theft.

Guy goes into a grocery store pays money for a ham, goes home, seasons it, let's it marinate then smokes it with cherry and applewood and sits down to eat it and it tastes like SHIT. Same preparation and spices used that everyone else does. Takes it back and demands a replacement ham.....store looses money because of a defective product.

Hhhmm, now which one sounds more like this case? Unless OP STOLE the car off the dealership lot you're example is one founded in ignorance.

Perhaps OP is a bad cook and therefore the ham tastes like SHIT? Perhaps one of the seasons used in the marinate has expired? Maybe the OP's palette just sucks?

See, we call these variables. We do not immediately jump to "the ham is bad" before looking at all the variables.

The facts are that the car ships with 200hp stock, and this is the specification the stock clutch was built upon. The OP has tuned his vehicle, thus sparking the debate of how much power a stock clutch can handle. The debate, while intriguing, means absolutely zero. The warranty protects the clutch when used in accordance to manufacturer specifications. Since the OP was not using those specifications, he has no room to complain.

Making statements like "i want VW to pay" are ignorant. OP wants VW to pay because OP decided to tune his car and now his clutch is blown? Did VW put a gun to his head and make him tune his vehicle?

Last edited:

Merkle

Banned
I think we're done here. Good luck OP.

Edit: Re-opened for technical discussion, keep it civil. If you have any issues with the way OP handle's business handle it outside of this forum. Pay him a visit, punch him in the face, I don't care, just don't go crazy on the keyboard.

*I'm not actually advocating forum members to conduct violence, it was a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.