GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

It finally happened...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merkle

Banned
Edit: was reading the copy of my receipt and the issue is stated right on there. doe.

That explains it. Glad it got all sorted out. Definitely seems like a defective clutch regardless of the power level.

If you have an issues with a post report it. The report button is in the lower left side of the post. :thumbsup:

Merkle

Banned

I'll be honest, the dealer could have said "No" just as easily. You're tuned and some dealers, regardless of what they say, will consider that a void to your warranty. Consider yourself lucky, and even though you're on a new clutch, so expect 30k - 50k miles on stg 1 power. Anything more would be a bonus.

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion
I'll be honest, the dealer could have said "No" just as easily. You're tuned and some dealers, regardless of what they say, will consider that a void to your warranty. Consider yourself lucky, and even though you're on a new clutch, so expect 30k - 50k miles on stg 1 power. Anything more would be a bonus.

They could have said no, and I wouldn't have made a big deal about it other than talking to the GM and telling him that his employees were telling people to tune their cars and that it wouldn't affect the warranty in any way. I'm no stranger to modding cars and I know the warranty becomes a gray area the second you start adding performance modifications to your car, I've been denied work for an intake in the past on a different car. I was fully prepared to buy a drop in disk in this situation, it really could have gone either way. I'm not stupid enough to take them at their word.

I wouldn't exactly call myself lucky either having to be in the shop three times for a brand new car. I am glad the issue was finally resolved and that VW fixed their mistake in the end.

Merkle

Banned
They could have said no, and I wouldn't have made a big deal about it other than talking to the GM and telling him that his employees were telling people to tune their cars and that it wouldn't affect the warranty in any way. I'm no stranger to modding cars and I know the warranty becomes a gray area the second you start adding performance modifications to your car, I've been denied work for an intake in the past on a different car. I was fully prepared to buy a drop in disk in this situation, it really could have gone either way. I'm not stupid enough to take them at their word.

I wouldn't exactly call myself lucky either having to be in the shop three times for a brand new car. I am glad the issue was finally resolved and that VW fixed their mistake in the end.

Fair enough. :thumbsup:

EMaster24

Ready to race!

just so you know, talking to the GM is the exact opposite of "not making a big deal about it"

:thumbsup:

McQueen77

Banned
Wow nice outcome OP, youre stoked. Now go enjoy your car

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion
just so you know, talking to the GM is the exact opposite of "not making a big deal about it"

:thumbsup:

No, making a big deal about it would be calling my lawyer and taking the case to court and forcing them to prove that the tune caused the clutch to fail. It wouldn't be worth the time, $, or effort, but I would have probably came out on top considering this was an obvious defect. Telling the GM would be the bare minimum in that hypothetical situation so that other customers would be protected from being lied to in the future. You like the idea of customers being blatantly lied to?

serpico

Passed Driver's Ed
The car is at 6000 miles, I've only owned it for about 4 months and this is the third time it's in the shop for the freaking clutch.

I went stage I at about 1000 miles and I really don't beat on this car, as my normal average mileage of over 32 mpg shows. I went stage II at about 4000 miles, but went back to the stock DP about a week later because the clutch couldn't handle stage II power immediately, it would just slip.

Sounds like the tune had more to do with the clutch failing than a defective part.

Highlights in bold only reinforce that thought.

EMaster24

Ready to race!
No, making a big deal about it would be calling my lawyer and taking the case to court and forcing them to prove that the tune caused the clutch to fail. It wouldn't be worth the time, $, or effort, but I would have probably came out on top considering this was an obvious defect. Telling the GM would be the bare minimum in that hypothetical situation so that other customers would be protected from being lied to in the future. You like the idea of customers being blatantly lied to?

your arrogance is actually quite embarrassing.

but hey, to stay on topic... did they determine the slave cylinder was bad as well? a bad pressure plate wouldn't cause the clutch pedal to stick to the floor...

kthor7031

Go Kart Champion
For all the people with the learn to drive comment and flamming about modifications, it should be considered that a lot of clutch failures, if not all, RELATED TO TUNES are complaints of slipping. Not much, if any that I can remember, have to do with engagement issues and the like...

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion
your arrogance is actually quite embarrassing.

but hey, to stay on topic... did they determine the slave cylinder was bad as well? a bad pressure plate wouldn't cause the clutch pedal to stick to the floor...

The slave cylinder was one of the first things they checked the first time I brought it in. Try another way to be confrontational and unproductive. This thread was to show and document the issue, and now the issue has been fully resolved. Take your misinformation and ignorance else where. Your opinions have been completely off in this thread, quit being a sore loser, you would have loved it if they had denied my warranty. I wouldn't take pleasure in hearing about someone having issues with their car, even if I thought it was completely their fault. I'd give my opinion and not be an insulting asshat. Go find another way to entertain yourself, because you're obviously not here for facts and information.

Status
Not open for further replies.