Jay's 13' Wolfsburg Track Car Build

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
@dustbunny227
1381823cc658f075e4a2248de0abb320.jpg

jay745

Dang dead thread.

I decided to just buy a new motor. Found a good deal from someone who had a rear end accident, they had their motor replaced by vw and only had 30k miles on it so I bought it. It's in great condition, dude gave it to me with the all the accessories on it but I'll likely swap everything from mine since I know the history. Started tearing it down and it looks like it's in great shape. Gotta buy all the gaskets and whatnot but within a few weeks I should be done. I wish I had more time to just knock it all out in a single weekend but it's going to have to be over a few weeks cause I have other stuff going on and can only work on it a few hours here and there.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
awesome, dude! bearing i get some free time from my baby, i would love to be a part somehow!

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Same as rice. I'd love to help if I can. I know you are bit of a hike but I would definitely like to help you out. Even if it's just holding the flashlight for you lol.

jay745

awesome, dude! bearing i get some free time from my baby, i would love to be a part somehow!

Same as rice. I'd love to help if I can. I know you are bit of a hike but I would definitely like to help you out. Even if it's just holding the flashlight for you lol.
Thanks dudes but it's really not that big of a project. I'll be working on it an hour here and hour there. I wouldn't make anyone drive out for that kind of thing.

zrickety

The Fixer
Thanks dudes but it's really not that big of a project. I'll be working on it an hour here and hour there. I wouldn't make anyone drive out for that kind of thing.
Maybe I missed something...do you think your engine wouldn't start because there's something wrong with it? I was under the impression it was an electrical gremlin. I will admit I've been thinking of buying a second motor just to have on hand.

jay745

Maybe I missed something...do you think your engine wouldn't start because there's something wrong with it? I was under the impression it was an electrical gremlin. I will admit I've been thinking of buying a second motor just to have on hand.
You didn't miss anything, I just failed at updating this thing since October. I was being optimistic months ago thinking the grinding and lockup trying to start was the starter getting hung up on the flywheel not wanting to admit what really happened. Finally tore into it a few weeks ago and yep, timing jumped.

zrickety

The Fixer
That sucks. Only the cool kids jump time, welcome to the club.