GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jay's 13' Wolfsburg Track Car Build

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
heh, I'd have to find a smoker to help me if I end up trying to smoke test. I'm not ever putting another cig up to my lips car related or not.

Who said it had to be a cigarette? ;)

Sent from some sort of Apple device.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
So I was diagnosing this today. Ran the vagcom engine 032 and 033 measuring blocks and was getting readings that would indicate a leak. The idle did change significantly when I removed the dip stick which is a good sign. After clearing the dtc's the readings normalized a little bit.

After visual inspection I found that my the pcv hose that connects to the intake is broken, not the hose itself but the clip that holds it secure. There was a lot of blow by in this area and believe this is the source of the leak as it's allowing ambient air in that bypassed the MAF. Now to source a new hose and see if that corrects it.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
A part of my clip broke too but haven't had an issue yet as I haven't driven it

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
oh I forgot to mention the weekend of fails I had haha.

Not sure if anyone remembers but my rear emblem was a royal pain in the ass to get off. Some come off super easy, not mine. I bought placs black emblem. Broke the oem while taking it off. And then screwed up the vinyl inlay so had to order a new one. Long story short, I'm running no emblem until the new vinyl arrives. good times.

Brunkel

Go Kart Champion
So I'm fairly certain the issue I am having is due to the faulty pcv breather hose. Also didn't like the look of my cracked dip stick potentially being able to cause a leak so I bought a new one as well.

Here's to throwing money at a problem and hoping this solves it!

$103 later... :(

The repair jobs are never as fun as the modding. But your GTI will thank you [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk