GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jay's 13' Wolfsburg Track Car Build

riceburner

Autocross Champion
hey you kinda lucked out then it seems! time for some carbon fiber widebody fenders ;)

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
New coil packs, and some spare lug bolts for the season.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
wow that is nasty.

jay745

Yesterday I passed emissions woo hoo!

Going to grattan this weekend for some track fun. Needed an alignment and waited till the last minute. The only option that could get me in was a dealership. They didn't even want to do it because they said my car was too low and wouldn't be able to get on the rack. I thought that was BS and was able to talk the service guy into "trying" .... It went on the rack just fine. They weren't able to get it right though go figure. My toe is a little off. Oh well that's what I get... They tried blaming the toe on all my aftermarket braces which is bs, toe is set through the tie rods which are stock. whatever...

Put my track pads on, carbotech xp10 in front and xp8 in rear. Did a full brake flush, out with the RBF600 and in with Castrol SRF. Hoping that fluid operates a little better than motul did.

Good lord I love track pads and can't wait to go to the track this saturday!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
the vw dealer i used to go to had the most amazing hot chocolate and espresso machine. Made every trip totally justifiable

Jaber

Modero
Tech was prob like "dang, just worked on this sweet GTI. going to celebrate by making a stop at the vending machine. Today was a good day"

10min later...

"FUCK THIS PLACE!"

jay745

Tech was prob like "dang, just worked on this sweet GTI. going to celebrate by making a stop at the vending machine. Today was a good day"

10min later...

"FUCK THIS PLACE!"

saw rarehare at the dealership... He's friends with the folks there, he told me they were talking about a tracked up gti in the back and didn't know it was me. lol

They went for 3 test drives..... suspicious haha

Jaber

Modero
saw rarehare at the dealership... He's friends with the folks there, he told me they were talking about a tracked up gti in the back and didn't know it was me. lol

They went for 3 test drives..... suspicious haha

:laugh:

Glad they repaired most of Remington Rd. Usually see the techs drive through there and it was pothole city before.

jay745

Forgot to update... Went to Grattan last weekend, car did great. That's such a fun track with the elevation changes and blind turns. The RS3's held up better than I thought, definitely not as grippy as the rival-s from last season but they still were fine and will last a lot longer.

Not sure if it was just this track or not but I changed my coolant to be more water dominant and added water wetter. Had no heat issues. Heading to gingerman and autobahn later this month.