GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K04 supporting mods

rjkeene89

Ready to race!
So, I've been doing some research. I know that to go k04 you need the downpipe, cai, fmic and the turbo kit.

I use max performance summer tires like pole positions or pss. My question though is, what kind of suspension mods are more or less required in order to properly harness the increased power of k04, if any.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

zrickety

The Fixer
Subframe mount and control arm bushings.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
brakes.

yankeeVdub21

don't forget a clutch that can handle the power

tsmack

Ready to race!
Engine and Trans mounts to control wheel hop and improve traction. I haven't upgraded brakes yet, even with 19" wheels, but plan to do better pads at some point. Bigger brakes are expensive, been there done that and didn't feel the value was there for the cost. The Unibrace products improve the stock suspension and reduce vibrations from the mounts. Pretty happy with my compliment of supportive mods thus far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjkeene89

Ready to race!
I'm dsg so no clutch needed. And this is primarily a street car so brakes will just be better fluid lines and pads.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

tsmack

Ready to race!
I am heavily considering the DSG K04 tune from APR. with mounts and braces, the DSG is shifting good and fast, but D mode shift points simply suck, especially with the K04. Also been watching the DSG cooling options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zrickety

The Fixer
You can do your own dsg tune, it's called manual mode. Driving in D is for my wife.

tsmack

Ready to race!
I use manual mode most of the time, but occasionally two hands are needed and S mode holds the revs a little too long for around town driving for my taste. Also the DSG tune does a number of other things that have me thinking about it, not just D mode changes.

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
def brakes.

mustache rash

Go Kart Champion
I'm K04

I run stock mounts, stock brakes and ran a stock intercooler for a year.....car did fine and kept up with more heavily modded k04s.

Only requirement is a clutch and downpipe..... everything else could stay stock if you wanted