Matt's Mk6 GTI

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
sub'd

this build thread and your attention to detail is simply amazing. :thumbsup:

mattttt

Go Kart Champion
nice wheels! but..... the thought of cleaning them scares me :yikes: :eek:

I was contemplating the MT10s before the 3sdm's came up but yeah that whole cleaning thing. it's like you're gonna need q-tips lol
they are v sxc tho

Yeaaa now I keep thinking about what a pain in the ass cleaning them will be.. Maybe I'll just stay on stock Detroits forever, because I still can't make up my mind :(

sub'd

this build thread and your attention to detail is simply amazing. :thumbsup:

Thanks doooood, I forget other people are paying attention sometimes hahaha

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
Yeaaa now I keep thinking about what a pain in the ass cleaning them will be.. Maybe I'll just stay on stock Detroits forever, because I still can't make up my mind :(

Nothing like sonax and a wheel brush to keep things clean!

mattttt

Go Kart Champion
Nothing like sonax and a wheel brush to keep things clean!

Lol true story, but I'm probably gonna pass on the WCIs and pick up a used set.. Hopefully trade my Detroits plus some cash on top on whatever becomes available in the next few weeks

mattttt

Go Kart Champion

Not sure how I feel about these yet but they were just released... 3SDM 0.04

Last edited:

mattttt

Go Kart Champion
Those rims look like they came off a Camry....Sorry :thumbdown:

Le sigh. They might look better with the lugs exposed but that's kinda what I was thinking too

Too bad the new Rotiform cast design doesn't do anything for me either:

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
Le sigh. They might look better with the lugs exposed but that's kinda what I was thinking too

Too bad the new Rotiform cast design doesn't do anything for me either:

It's hard to see the design in the single color design. I love the new-look BLQ in the black/brushed aluminum design.

Jeffs2013GTI

Drag Race Newbie
It's hard to see the design in the single color design. I love the new-look BLQ in the black/brushed aluminum design.

These are not as bad as the others. These in Black Chrome would look sweet. Rim Shopping is tough, I do like the BBS look on the GTI though.

I know its not your style, but I tend to lean more on the "Sporty" look vs. the Low Roll Look, each has its own distinctive look for the GTI.

Sporty

Low Roll BBS

I personally LOVE THESE RIMS

Jeff

mattttt

Go Kart Champion
Hmm I actually like the 3SDMs and will probably grab a set lol. Interesting to see you say that.

Well I'm not very good at visualizing, and apparently you can run them with or without that centercap that covers the lugs

I'm definitely a fan of the new BLQ, it just does look a lot like the old BLQ... And you know I'm tryna come out strong for 2015! Lol

These are not as bad as the others. These in Black Chrome would look sweet. Rim Shopping is tough, I do like the BBS look on the GTI though.

I know its not your style, but I tend to lean more on the "Sporty" look vs. the Low Roll Look, each has its own distinctive look for the GTI.

I'd roll those CK's allllll day! :wub: But sadly they're not offered in anthracite anymore

And I'd already have a set of RS' if I could afford them at the moment... What's that third set you posted though?

My mind seems to change weekly, but I'm currently leaning toward VIP Modular's cast series:

Last edited:

mattttt

Go Kart Champion
And just because I haven't posted a picture of my car in its thread in a while...

Only real update, swapped Pedobear for Creep Street:

Last edited:

GTI_Driver1

Ready to race!
My mind seems to change weekly, but I'm currently leaning toward VIP Modular's cast series:

[/quote]

Matt,

This may or may not help you decide.

mattttt

Go Kart Champion
Matt,

This may or may not help you decide.

Thanks man, I was pretty convinced when I first saw them on mk6kulka's car too :wub:

I almost pulled the trigger this morning on a set that was powdercoated white with gold rivets, but then backed out lol

I'm just gonna wait a while and see what turns up in the classifieds, especially since I'll be ordering a new clutch soon too

mattttt

Go Kart Champion
I just scheduled an appointment with AU Tuning to install an RSR clutch next week! They actually offer a modified version of the RSR that utilizes a beefier disk for $800 (+ install) instead of $1000 from HS Tuning.

I've been dreading upgrading my clutch since first buying the car, but it's slipping in nearly every upper gear when I put it in 91 mode. I haven't even enjoyed driving my car the past few weeks in stock mode lol