GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 to '14 Forester...good choice?

DubbleThePleasure

Passed Driver's Ed
After watching the posted vids I was looking into foresters too! Sadly I dont think I could leave the Blueberry behind yet.
My only aesthetic complaint about the new forester is the front bumper. It looks like hell because it seems to be everywhere. I can only hope there is some kinda aftermarket fix.
If possible, do a buncha part swaps ( like tossing the halogen projectors for "more gooder" ones) from the STI and WRX.. though I think this newer body style Forester has moved away from the existing Impreza chassis in terms of some of this stuff.

Hey I think they started deviating from the Impreza frame back in 2009. This new one is for sure not like the Impreza, however the smoothness, comfort and handling are great. The turning radius is impressive and it corners very well and digs in way more than I was expecting. There is very minimal body roll if any and really rips out of the turns with that AWD.

The headlights only come in HID with the fully loaded "Touring" package. It's incredibly expensive to get retrofitted on the Premium. But these halogens are really really bright, brightest halogens I've ever seen.

DubbleThePleasure

Passed Driver's Ed
The New Ride

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Omgosh... everything looks great... but why does it look like its all jacked up high?!

You got it tinted already? How is that engine? MPG? ETC DETAILS INTERIOR SHOTS COME ON MAN!

E-Rocko

Ready to race!
Nice ride. I really like the new gen. It'll definitely be cross-shopped with the new GTI and A3, when I'm ready to look at my next car.

DubbleThePleasure

Passed Driver's Ed
That is stock ride height. I considered lowering it a couple inches, but I've decided to make it an off road oriented vehicle, so I am shopping around for some 16" steelies and some much larger all terrain tires. That should fill that wheel gap nicely.

As for interior shots here is all I have. I'm not sure how I feel about that red cf vinyl wrap I did, but it's on there for now. I can post some more interior shots tomorrow. The head unit is crap, but I will be replacing it with a Pioneer 7" nav unit to match nicely with my JL Audio speakers and Kenwood underseat sub.

[/url]

DubbleThePleasure

Passed Driver's Ed
As for the engine, it is great for a CVT. I've never owned anything but manual cars so this has been a major shift for me and is taking some adjustments. It is 250hp and 258lbtq so it has some incredible power and moves surprisingly fast. It has three driving modes, I for economical power, SI for a slightly more sporty drive and then S# for max power. The S# is the most fun to drive but downshifts very harsh..as you come to a stop it revs down through 8 'gear' cycles and when it hits 3 and 2 its really jerks the car. Other than that it is perfect for being automatic CVT. It does have paddle shifters but they are not fun as the automatic up shifts pretty much when you want/need it to. The MPG are impressive which was a major motivating factor for why I got this model and not a 2008. In 'I' mode I will get upwards of 28-29 average, 'SI' I'm not really sure as I have not done an entire tank in this mode and 'S#' I get about 24mpg average. Really solid numbers for all time AWD, 3624lbs curb weight and 250hp.

DubbleThePleasure

Passed Driver's Ed
Handling is superb considering it is a CUV, it does not compare much with the GTI as they are two entirely different vehicles. But considering it has much larger wheel base and ride height it handles like the GTI would if it was same measurements. Obviously there is a bit of body roll taking turns at 50mph, but some slight tuning with a sway bar should be able to greatly reduce that. It's ultra fun to drive and with some light engine and suspension/wheel/tire mods it should be unstoppable!!!

rokketman

Ready to race!
subaru was only cuv to pass IIHS overlap test with good outcome...all others bad to really bad

but subaru was also ranked 3rd or 4th in a recent magazine test, with cx5 coming in 1st....however many prefer the driving characteristics of subie to zoom zoom

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Looks like a nice car man, congrats.

It isn't what I would've done, and I have little desire to own an SUV, but it looks like you chose a good one, enjoy it.

DubbleThePleasure

Passed Driver's Ed
Update: She is finally getting to how I want her. Proof a Forester can be cool. And in all honesty, I am enjoying the utility and still-fun-to-drive capability of this vehicle. So much more well rounded then the GTI. :D

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
those LED's, doe.

;) I like everything except for that. Looks like a mini Cayenne in a weird, but good way.

urfavoritemazn

Ready to race!
Looking to get one of these bad boys soon too.
BUT WHY ARE THEY SO GOD DAMN HARD TO FIND?!!