GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKVI GTI APR stage 1 longevity?

Austin_W

Go Kart Champion
It wasn't serious enough to bring it in, what happened was the epc and cel light where going on and off for a week then they finally turned off. My friend diagnosed it with his Vagcom, and apparently the fuel rail pressure system was too high 36 times. Other than that the car is running perfect.

Good to hear. did APR have any answers for you? hopefully their customer service is better than REVO's is.

qshashaa

Ready to race!
Good to hear. did APR have any answers for you? hopefully their customer service is better than REVO's is.

I called my local tuner and explained to him what happened, he offered me to bring it in so he can check it out, but I never really pursued on it. My 20k service appointment is this weekend so hopefully all goes well.

yoffer

Go Kart Newbie

Ive had revo on my last 2 cars and a total of over 3 years. I have yet to have a problem with REVO's customer service. That being said, i had my audi a4 flashed at 94k miles and drove it to 126k when i sold it. Didnt have one issue. My gti i had flashed at 500 miles and it has a little over 5k on it now and not one issue. Whenever ive had questions ive called them up and never had any problems.

Austin_W

Go Kart Champion
I had my 1.8t flashed revo stage 1+. It was supposed to be a great deal cause you got that sps selector that went right in your OBDII to change settings. The one it came with was faulty, the next one was "defective" as well. So not a great experience, and i certainly didnt notice anything drastic in terms of performance gains. Cant hate though. I know MOST of these guys do good work.

yoffer

Go Kart Newbie
I had my 1.8t flashed revo stage 1+. It was supposed to be a great deal cause you got that sps selector that went right in your OBDII to change settings. The one it came with was faulty, the next one was "defective" as well. So not a great experience, and i certainly didnt notice anything drastic in terms of performance gains. Cant hate though. I know MOST of these guys do good work.

What car/year? My audi was a 99 1.8t and mine wasnt capatable with the switcher. Been contemplating getting one for my gti but i said F it and bought a intake instead lol

I love the idea that with the switcher and your laptop along with the free revo software available on their website you can actually "tune" your car. Its a pretty neat feature especially when you are able to control your own boost,timing and fuel.

Austin_W

Go Kart Champion
What car/year? My audi was a 99 1.8t and mine wasnt capatable with the switcher. Been contemplating getting one for my gti but i said F it and bought a intake instead lol

I love the idea that with the switcher and your laptop along with the free revo software available on their website you can actually "tune" your car. Its a pretty neat feature especially when you are able to control your own boost,timing and fuel.

It was a 2001 Jetta wolfsburg. 2.5" bilstein/koni drop, neuspeed sways and P-flo, audi TT 225 intake manifold and S4 intercoolers. Magnaflow cat-back.. Car was fun, but was a never ending black hole when it came to repairs and maintenance. If you asked me how i liked revo when i flashed it i'd tell you it was great, now that i've sold the car I started to realize i never really noticed that much different.

The idea is cool, to be able to adjust ratios and timing on your laptop, I just never got to take advantage of it. If i remember correctly it was probably cause it was right when they were developing the SPS device.. Im sure there were some bugs.

Rack and pinion went and i said im done with the car. sold it for 3k$:cry:
after dumping 5k into it. ouch

yoffer

Go Kart Newbie
It was a 2001 Jetta wolfsburg. 2.5" bilstein/koni drop, neuspeed sways and P-flo, audi TT 225 intake manifold and S4 intercoolers. Magnaflow cat-back.. Car was fun, but was a never ending black hole when it came to repairs and maintenance. If you asked me how i liked revo when i flashed it i'd tell you it was great, now that i've sold the car I started to realize i never really noticed that much different.

The idea is cool, to be able to adjust ratios and timing on your laptop, I just never got to take advantage of it. If i remember correctly it was probably cause it was right when they were developing the SPS device.. Im sure there were some bugs.

Rack and pinion went and i said im done with the car. sold it for 3k$:cry:
after dumping 5k into it. ouch
It was the same for my 1.8t, 1st through halfway through 3rd it felt faster, but overall it wasnt like when i got flashed on the gti at all. But when your awd audi making 200hp at the crank after the flash isnt going to throw you back in your seat. lol

Austin_W

Go Kart Champion
It was the same for my 1.8t, 1st through halfway through 3rd it felt faster, but overall it wasnt like when i got flashed on the gti at all. But when your awd audi making 200hp at the crank after the flash isnt going to throw you back in your seat. lol

So your gti is flashed? what do you think? is it gonna blow me away or be kind of lackluster like it was on my 1.8? lol i know i started this thread to find out these exact questions but i cant ask enough people when ive got concerns about longevity and warranty issues. in your honest opinion, what do you think?

McQueen77

Banned
Blew me away. Going back to stock mode i cant believe i drove it stock for a year

yoffer

Go Kart Newbie
So your gti is flashed? what do you think? is it gonna blow me away or be kind of lackluster like it was on my 1.8? lol i know i started this thread to find out these exact questions but i cant ask enough people when ive got concerns about longevity and warranty issues. in your honest opinion, what do you think?

Honestly you can go with whoever you want (revo,apr,unitronic ect..) ive personally had great experience with revo and i will reccomend them to whoever asks. Stg 1 was night and day compared to stg 1 on my 1.8t. It will put you in your seat the first time you drive it.

qshashaa

Ready to race!
UPDATE: I don't know if I just jinxed my car saying it was running fine in my previous post but on my way home today I had my foot down through 2nd shifted to 3rd and felt something go bad at 5k the car stopped pulling but my foot was still on the gas pedal. The cel light started flashing so I just put it in neutral. The car started to be really rough and when i stopped the car i could smell gasoline a STRONG smell of gasoline, i shut the car off, turned it back on, took it a while for it to crank when the car started it was shaking so i turned it back off. Gonna have it towed to the dealership tomorrow morning to see what the deal is. Hopefully my APR tune has nothing to do with it. Im depending on that.

Austin_W

Go Kart Champion
UPDATE: I don't know if I just jinxed my car saying it was running fine in my previous post but on my way home today I had my foot down through 2nd shifted to 3rd and felt something go bad at 5k the car stopped pulling but my foot was still on the gas pedal. The cel light started flashing so I just put it in neutral. The car started to be really rough and when i stopped the car i could smell gasoline a STRONG smell of gasoline, i shut the car off, turned it back on, took it a while for it to crank when the car started it was shaking so i turned it back off. Gonna have it towed to the dealership tomorrow morning to see what the deal is. Hopefully my APR tune has nothing to do with it. Im depending on that.

AH! Thats awful! Hope shes okay. Any noises associated with the sudden loss of boost and subsequent smell of gasoline?
please update us on the situation! good luck

yoffer

Go Kart Newbie

Sounds like bad coil packs. I wouldnt have even towed it in. Just buy new ones and throw them in, i dont think you even need any tools to do it. Very common problem.