GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKVI GTI APR stage 1 longevity?

qshashaa

Ready to race!
Drove out of Mckenna VW this morning with the car blowing white smoke out of the exhaust, went down a street and parked in a empty lot. Called VW roadside assistance, had them tow it to fladaboe VW, service advisor over there called me and said VWoA left a note saying my car is tuned\chipped, but they are still willing to find the real cause of failure, should have their diagnosis by the end of today.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Drove out of Mckenna VW this morning with the car blowing white smoke out of the exhaust, went down a street and parked in a empty lot. Called VW roadside assistance, had them tow it to fladaboe VW, service advisor over there called me and said VWoA left a note saying my car is tuned\chipped, but they are still willing to find the real cause of failure, should have their diagnosis by the end of today.

Well damn... I am curious of the outcome...

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
as others have mentioned, your clutch is the only thing you have to worry about going. it's the main reason why I haven't gotten it yet. shame too...

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion
Subscribed for outcome.

Just made my 90 day courtesy check appointment for tomorrow. Once it's out I really want to get Apr stage 1 tuned during the sale. Hopefully I don't read anything here that will sway me back to staying stock

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
White smoke is sign of bad turbo, isn't it

White smoke is a sign of water being burned in the combustion chambers aka, blown headgasket. But I think in this case it has something to do with all that unburned fuel due to the faulty coil pack. I am not sure why he doesn't just buy a $35 coil and fix it himself...

qshashaa

Ready to race!
Got a call back from Fladaboe saying my car is tagged. Basically no more warranty for me (Void).They gave me a quote to replace the injector (#3) (reasonable price compared to Mckenna). I will be replacing all 4 injectors from my pocket, and I will also be working with fladaboe to get my car untagged. Even if they need to flash my ecu back to factory, I wouldn't mind, as long as my record is clean. If it does get untagged by VWoA and my ecu is flashed back to factory, all I need to do is keep my mouth shut and re-flash it and deal with this dealership only. I made a mistake, I thought I was dealing with a tuner friendly dealership and told them I have software, they ended up screwing me over and telling VWoA. If anyone does end up going stage one, go to a mod friendly dealership and don't tell them anything about software.

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
Got a call back from Fladaboe saying my car is tagged. Basically no more warranty for me (Void).They gave me a quote to replace the injector (#3) (reasonable price compared to Mckenna). I will be replacing all 4 injectors from my pocket, and I will also be working with fladaboe to get my car untagged. Even if they need to flash my ecu back to factory, I wouldn't mind, as long as my record is clean. If it does get untagged by VWoA and my ecu is flashed back to factory, all I need to do is keep my mouth shut and re-flash it and deal with this dealership only. I made a mistake, I thought I was dealing with a tuner friendly dealership and told them I have software, they ended up screwing me over and telling VWoA. If anyone does end up going stage one, go to a mod friendly dealership and don't tell them anything about software.

Just because it's "tagged" doesn't mean shit to the warrantee. They need to prove that your tune caused whatever is wrong with your car, and even then it's a case by case basis. Your warrantee isn't voided across the board, despite what they want youto think.

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
White smoke is a sign of water being burned in the combustion chambers aka, blown headgasket. But I think in this case it has something to do with all that unburned fuel due to the faulty coil pack. I am not sure why he doesn't just buy a $35 coil and fix it himself...

This lack of logic in this thread is frightening.

qshashaa

Ready to race!
Just because it's "tagged" doesn't mean shit to the warrantee. They need to prove that your tune caused whatever is wrong with your car, and even then it's a case by case basis. Your warrantee isn't voided across the board, despite what they want youto think.

VwoA refused warranty work to my car. Reason: Car is tuned/chipped and has voided warranty.

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
VwoA refused warranty work to my car. Reason: Car is tuned/chipped and has voided warranty.

:iono: your money, toss it if you want. Seems like a good idea to want to understand your warrantee but who am I to tell you.

crocker

I seriously doubt they're going to "untag" your car if you replace the ECU. Too easy for VWoA to claim any future problems as having occured during your time with the modified tuning. Suck it up, butter cup, keep your tune and forget about the drivetrain warranty.

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
Tagged how, as in TD1? To be honest it sounds like you pissed off the regional rep and they are going to make your life miserable because of it.

qshashaa

Ready to race!
Tagged how, as in TD1? To be honest it sounds like you pissed off the regional rep and they are going to make your life miserable because of it.

Yes tagged as in TD1, and nobody pissed anyone off, its plain and simple: If I simply took my car to another dealer instead of calling VWoA, it would have been under warranty. But because I called VWoA they tagged me (TD1). The regional rep's feelings has NOTHING to do with the outcome of the situation.