GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My modest build

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
Fastivus was pretty dope despite being stupid hot this year.

Tracked my car at the auto club speedway. Not crazy about that track as it is a bit fast and not technical enough for my taste. I just dont believe our little 4cyc turbo cars are meant to be doing 100+ mph speeds for half of a 3 mile track.... just me

Either way I had alot of fun pushing her up to 135 on the straight bank. Got some cool footage too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPXuxmvuemU

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
Car recently hit 60k so its time for some fresh oil all around.

Car feels great!

IMG_20160908_124326.jpg

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
Threw a p2015 code. Drop it in to Ontario VW and without asking any questions they swapped out the manifold in a day free of charge.

Baller

New intake is shiny

IMG_20160913_201614645.jpg

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
Good news! I have an updated tensioner even though my build date is 10/11

Im not sure what this means. My understanding is that they put these on all ea888 engines starting 10/12 build date. I know im not the only one with an updated tensioner on an earlier build. My only guess is they were testing the modification before making it mainstream?

Either way... rad

View attachment 53386

What exactly is circled? I'm at the crossroads right now. Have a new k04 kit, but also concerned about the tensioner. I've watched videos on HOW to check, but none specifically say exactly what to look for to tell if yours is the updated version. Is it obvious? Im a late 2012 build date, but still want to be sure.

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
What exactly is circled? I'm at the crossroads right now. Have a new k04 kit, but also concerned about the tensioner. I've watched videos on HOW to check, but none specifically say exactly what to look for to tell if yours is the updated version. Is it obvious? Im a late 2012 build date, but still want to be sure.

Its hard to see in my picture but basically if you look through the sight window and see threads... like a very large screw you have a new tensioner. If you look through and see almost what appears to be a piston with smooth sides you have the old tensioner. The humble mechanic has the best video on the matter and shows a good image of new vs old

OhioMK6

Ready to race!
How has the Southbend Stage 2 Daily been with K04 power? K04 puts it close to the torque limit. Nice build man!

MKZee

Passed Driver's Ed
i ran a similar set up beside the K04.. buy an LSD, buy an LSD, buy an LSD.. it'll change the way you move... but i probably don't need to preach that to much.. i recently got into a MK7 PP APR STG 1 and WOW. Even on the stock tires i can put all the power down at the top of first @70 degrees.

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
i ran a similar set up beside the K04.. buy an LSD, buy an LSD, buy an LSD.. it'll change the way you move... but i probably don't need to preach that to much.. i recently got into a MK7 PP APR STG 1 and WOW. Even on the stock tires i can put all the power down at the top of first @70 degrees.

Ive been looking at LSDs for over two years now but keep getting discouraged by the price/install. that is def a job i wouldnt do myself :/

I only have a couple thousand more to pay off the car... when that happens an LSD should be next