GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

new beetle...wow!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
well, it looks better at least, lol....

Tetsuei

needs m0ar shiny.
Okay, it's a porsche/TT with a bigger hump from the back. very iconic Beetle design in the front.

2.0 TSI in that thing? The only thing at this point that I think the GTI has over it is the fact that I think it'll be more difficult to go more than stage 1 tune on this thing. Somehow someone's gonna make it doable though, and make the intake + IC doable from just the bottom gaps in the front.

Gauges? Really? And I don't get any on my GTI? That's fucking lame.

Sad thing is? I might do it.

Last edited:

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
not bad. atleast they got rid of the flower vase on the dashboard. its good to see a redesign for the beetle.

P

plac

never thought i would say this..

but that beetle is killer. very manly.

Artysta

Ready to race!
Beetle R is on the table as well.... Why does my GTI now feel less and less .. special?

WHY????????? Who the hell is gonna buy a (CDN)40K+ beetle.. This thing no matter how much of an improvement over the last one still looks like a chick car. This "R" beetle will also come in FWD only :p. So its basically a girly looking tuned gti.

VEGASVWGTI

Ready to race!
You know somebody is going to totally race this out and slam it down. I don't think anyone would be laughing then, maybe a Daaaaaam! or two if driven by a chick.:lol:

Dirt Nasty

Go Kart Champion
It looks good but the day I start liking a beetle over a GTi is the day I sell it and buy a RS4

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
wow.. well, I guess if BMW is M-pimpin' everything out too, then perhaps VW/VAG will look into powering up a bunch of models as well.

pressure drop

Ready to race!
This things gonna steal a lot of Mini Cooper sales, not to mention Golf and GTI as well. Beetle with the TSI engine, the current GTI is indeed less special now.

This bodes well for the MK7 as VW's design right now is on point and as long as theyre not afraid to give the next GTI more power we can all be happy.

I am so lost right now...Spend money on stage 3 now, wait for Golf R, or wait a year longer for a mk7 GTI.... or wait a bit longer for a mk7 R......

or just save up for a Audi S4

dammit

MechDriver

200 HP engine, speedo goes to 180 like the GTI. Now all we have to look at is curb weight for each model and compare to the GTI. If the engine is the same and curb weight is comparable, we should get simular performance. The Bug looks heavier though.

Volkswagging

Don't Hate, Inseminate
just took another look at the pics and thought: can't wait to see this bitch slammed to the floor