GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Member. Definitely getting a GTI very soon.

Larry70454

Ready to race!
Oregon must be weird, I've lived in 11 different states and I don't think any woman has ever told me a hatchback was sexy.

v6viking

Ready to race!
Welcome to the forums. Best of luck on your purchase! :thumbsup:

GTIpilot1

Ready to race!
Is it just me, or do people on forums REALLY REALLY REAAAALLLYYY like to tell other people how to spend their money without ever being asked for such advice?

Be happy for the kid. He'll find out the hard way if it wasn't meant to be.

I wish you luck on your GTI... Be safe and have fun!

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Its the forums....we always give advice people dont want.

About the comment of "Oregon people", I must admit its a different culture up there. Being from Alabama myself I can say its "different" down here too, but when I met some Oregon fans during the NC game last year, it was surreal.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Is it just me, or do people on forums REALLY REALLY REAAAALLLYYY like to tell other people how to spend their money without ever being asked for such advice?

Be happy for the kid. He'll find out the hard way if it wasn't meant to be.

I wish you luck on your GTI... Be safe and have fun!

Oh no, it's not just you.
You should have seen some of the lease bashing that went on here.

To the OP - if you can afford it, and your job is stable - go for it.
I would however, get used to it and it's performance before you mod.
If your Camry is a 4cyl., the GTI may be a veritable rocket by comparison.

urfavoritemazn

Ready to race!
About the comment of "Oregon people", I must admit its a different culture up there. Being from Alabama myself I can say its "different" down here too, but when I met some Oregon fans during the NC game last year, it was surreal.

It really is different. Down there it's more of a muscle car area but around here it's more of the Foreign race cars. Especially my age.I think i've seen maybe two or three old muscle cars since i've moved here. My Girlfriends dad (who's from louisiana) is probably going to kill me for not even considering a '67 mustang. lol

And to the responses considering my purchase,
all is well, I do appreciate other views to this subject. I hear alot of "no no no"
but also alot of "your young, just do it, kid" kinda stuff. Either way i'm getting this car so it doesn't really matter. :drool:

urfavoritemazn

Ready to race!
If your Camry is a 4cyl., the GTI may be a veritable rocket by comparison.

It is a 4cyl. I'm expecting a HUGE difference between the performance of my Camry and the GTI. I realistically probably won't go to stage I for a couple of months because i'll be blown away by the stock performance alone.

DougDome

Go Kart Champion
I got autobahn and oooh the benefits are great.

Also, if you plan on going stage 1, I suggest you do exhaust first. Just because. enjoy your race car.

Oh, and i suggest you get one of these if you have true passion in your soon to be 0-60 in 4.2 GTI.

where can I buy that? want. so. bad.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
I would say go for it.. Sounds like you can afford it. I am also young (22) and just bought mine a few months ago. Having a payment isn't so bad when you don't have wife/kids, etc. to worry about. It isn't really bothering me, and I certainly don't make a ton, although my salary is alright for a recent college grad.

At least you aren't in the whole 20k for school like some of us! And to the old guys, you'll love this, it was 26k but I've already paid off a bunch even though nothing is due until January. Responsibility and a new GTI can mix!

arichmond1003

Ready to race!
hey I'm, a 19 year old kid with the same car as you guys. paying 369 a month. full time job, 75% bright futures, a college scholarship. i feel like its the best thing i could have done. I've got a stable gob at a great com pay that I've been considering making a career.
honestly I've got a car theta can last me 10 years if it needs to, and i take care of it. why not get a new car if you can?

urfavoritemazn

Ready to race!
hey I'm, a 19 year old kid with the same car as you guys. paying 369 a month. full time job, 75% bright futures, a college scholarship. i feel like its the best thing i could have done. I've got a stable gob at a great com pay that I've been considering making a career.
honestly I've got a car theta can last me 10 years if it needs to, and i take care of it. why not get a new car if you can?

You just became my new best friend.