GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Member. Definitely getting a GTI very soon.

urfavoritemazn

Ready to race!
I would say go for it.. Sounds like you can afford it. I am also young (22) and just bought mine a few months ago. Having a payment isn't so bad when you don't have wife/kids, etc. to worry about. It isn't really bothering me, and I certainly don't make a ton, although my salary is alright for a recent college grad.

At least you aren't in the whole 20k for school like some of us! And to the old guys, you'll love this, it was 26k but I've already paid off a bunch even though nothing is due until January. Responsibility and a new GTI can mix!

with nothing but my insurance, cell phone bill, and internet to pay I really have no need to reconsider this car. financially wise.
Plus, it might be a blessing in disguise because it's definitely going to make me hold off on getting married/having kids for awhile. atleast until payments are close to done or completely done. WIN/WIN in my eyes. lol
you and I are in the same boat bro!

urfavoritemazn

Ready to race!
i been saying that since 1997 and ive had at least 10 new cars since then. i guess maybe some people can actually stick to the plan.

lol, I don't envision myself ditching this car before I finish payments. I'm going to opt for the 36 month payment plan.
p.s.
you're videos are gonna be extremely useful in a couple months. lol

Mr. Skinny

Ready to race!
with nothing but my insurance, cell phone bill, and internet to pay I really have no need to reconsider this car. financially wise.
Plus, it might be a blessing in disguise because it's definitely going to make me hold off on getting married/having kids for awhile. atleast until payments are close to done or completely done. WIN/WIN in my eyes. lol
you and I are in the same boat bro!
You might want to start throwing your parents a hundred bucks a month for room and board too. Either that, or you could do a ton of yard work, housework, car maintenance, etc. for your folks.

That's a WIN/WIN too! You get fed well and get to live in a nice home for really cheap. And....your parents would certainly see this as you being responsible enough to make your own decisions.

urfavoritemazn

Ready to race!
You might want to start throwing your parents a hundred bucks a month for room and board too. Either that, or you could do a ton of yard work, housework, car maintenance, etc. for your folks.

That's a WIN/WIN too! You get fed well and get to live in a nice home for really cheap. And....your parents would certainly see this as you being responsible enough to make your own decisions.

I give my mom a couple hundred a month just because. So that area has been covered.
:thumbsup:

solo1979

Good luck with your new car! I was pricing out my first vw at 19-20 and doing the whole build your own thing online, but didn't purchase it until a month after I graduated from college. 9 years and 6 vdubs later, here I am. If you can swing it, I'm all for going all out and doing Autobahn. Coming from a loaded Tiguan, I would have been miserable in anything less. It's still missing several of the bells and whistles that the tiggy had but makes up for it on the performance side.

RIP335

Go Kart Champion
Damn.... If I were you I'd go to school. Preferably something in medical (since it seems to be recession proof or video game production also seems to be recsession proof too)

Then by your self a 20XX Golf R

Investin1

Just picked up my GTI in the Portland area. It's definitely a sleeper around here too. My girlfriend dislikes the exterior. Definitely don't buy this car with the hopes of landing some tail.

urfavoritemazn

Ready to race!
Just picked up my GTI in the Portland area. It's definitely a sleeper around here too. My girlfriend dislikes the exterior. Definitely don't buy this car with the hopes of landing some tail.

Hey, I live in portland too bro!
where did you nab yours? i'm tryin to find a good dealership to buy from soon.

AudiSport4000

5cyl turbo
The only (and best thing) I did at 19 was start a 401k. 10 years later thats something I thank my dad for.

Hopefully you make the best decision for you. Lots of good knowledge out there. Please post pictures when you acquire said GTI.

urfavoritemazn

Ready to race!
Now go enjoy your GTI when you get it; just don't get a bunch of tickets! :)

lol, no worries. I won't. My insurance is dirt cheap right now. No way i'm gonna ruin that!

urfavoritemazn

Ready to race!
The only (and best thing) I did at 19 was start a 401k. 10 years later thats something I thank my dad for.
The company I work for won't let me start a 401k until i'm 21 /:

JhnR

Banned
dont listen to these hood rats. if you make decent money and your job is stable and if you think you can pull it off do it.