GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

gokturks

Banned
Do you have any images to show what you mean by red menu?

Last edited:

iceorbital1

i'd love to code dynaudio support on the radio, but vcds will crap out with an out of range error when trying to change any of the relevant bits on 56 radio. I have a 2012 golf R with nav and dynaudio, so i wonder if i need to disable anything on can gateway to get the car to forget the old rns315 and accept the codings for the RCD330.

I read a lot of forums here and there, but nothing seems to work for me. Any ideas?

Been messing around with vcds settings

Looks like the way amps work, you do need to select a sound system in byte 1, or eventually things will crap out. The explanation is here http://www.vwgolf.net.au/showthread.php?2979-RNS510-Sat-Nav-Golf-R&p=79167&viewfull=1#post79167

Because the radio uses the same physical output wires (the speaker wires) for low level and high level output internally there is an electronic switch that switches the preamp to output to the speakers wires to go to the Dynaudio amp or the main Amp power amp output to the speaker wires (no Dynaudio).

So you can see if you leave it coded to Dynaudio the pre amps are driving their little transistors off to drive your huge speakers and eventually they will give up the ghost.

Apparently if an amp is fitted (dynaudio) the output stage power is 12db (which i am guessing the unit is set to now as the volume levels are greatly reduced compared to the RCD510). The output level needs to be changed to 26db via VCDS as shown in http://www.my-gti.com/1411

Now the interesting thing is of all the options available in byte 1, vcds won't accept (will through an out of range error) dynaudio or vokswagen sound systems. It does accept skoda sound system, but i still think the sound is worse than with the rns 315.

Question is, is the out of range error result of vcds lack of knowledge on the rcd330g unit, or does indeed mean that the rcd330g radio does not support any amp except skoda's ? And are the skoda and dynaudio amps any different? Will something break down the line if setup one way (skoda sound system) or the other (sound system not installed?)

GtiJase

Passed Driver's Ed
Just thought I would put this here as reference. This is from Bashl0r from motor talk.

Have in another forum an update for the radio with HW: 534 on SW: 5314 found.

The menu should be red after the update and Android Auto available.

Another update ( SW: 5515 ) for the same model with HW: 534 is also available but which should be verbuggt. Bass - Mid-Treble are greyed out in the menu and can not be adjusted.

Apparently also an update for the 187A give on 5314, in which then also Android Auto is available.

Would be interesting if someone finds an update for the radio with HW: 036, but think of Desay is not much but wait and see ..

But I take no guarantee - all at your own risk!

On the occasion I would also like to post the list I have corrected a little:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Designation: RCD330 +

Languages: Chinese, English, (Russian)

Part number: 6RD 035 187A

Manufacturer: Desay

RAM: 256 MB

SW: 0210

HW: 025

supports:

Mirror link

RDS (bugged, station name is small below frequency)

keys:

FM / AM Mute
Media Set up
[Microphone] Phone
Extras:

Play videos

Navigation with GPS module
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part number: 6RD 035 187A

Manufacturer: No Name (Tianbao)

RAM: 256 MB

SW: 5215

HW: 526

supports:

Baidu Carlife

Mirror link

keys:
FM / AM Mute
Media Set up
[Microphone] Phone

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
part Number: 6RD 035 187A (Modded Version)

Manufacturer: No Name (Tianbao, Tempo?)

RAM: 512 MB

SW: 5215

HW: 526

supports:

carplay

Mirror link

keys:

FM / AM Mute
Media Set up
[Microphone] Phone

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part number: 6RD 035 187B

SW: 5314

HW: 534

supports:

carplay

Baidu Carlife

Mirror link

keys:

radio Phone
Media app
[Microphone] Set up

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RAM: 1 GB

supports:

carplay

Baidu Carlife

Mirror link

keys:

radio Phone
Media app
[Microphone] Set up

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer: Desay

SW: 0317

HW: 036

supports:

carplay

Baidu Carlife

Mirror link

RDS (station name small under the frequency)

keys:

radio Phone
Media app
[Microphone] Set up

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Designation: RCD340 +, R340 +

Languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian

Manufacturer: Visteon

supports:

carplay

Android car

Mirror link

RDS (station name small under the frequency)

keys:

radio Phone
Media app
[Microphone] Set up

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part Number: 6RF 035 187E (no english)

* there seem to be several versions with different endings (187C etc ..) in different languages

Manufacturer: Visteon

SW: 5515

HW: 555

supports:

carplay

Android car

Mirror link

RDS (station name big)

keys:

radio Phone
Media app