GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

Happy bulldog

Passed Driver's Ed
Seems like it is the newest version,last edited in April 2017.
Anybody can have a try.

Attachments

• mmexport1514815176339.jpg
    mmexport1514815176339.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 244
  • mmexport1514815171445.jpg
    mmexport1514815171445.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 189

speeding_ant

Go Kart Newbie
Looks like that is a newer version than the existing 5515 (with the bugs)... it looks like it has AndroidAuto and CarPlay as well.

Config:

[DEFAULT]
#NP,GP,ROW
PROJECT =ROW
PLATFORM =PQ
BRAND =VW
[FEATURE_BASIC]
BT_ATTR =TRUE
RVC_ATTR =TRUE
CARPLAY_ATTR =TRUE
CARLIFE_ATTR =INVALID
MLINK_ATTR =TRUE
NEWBAP_ATTR =TRUE
EXLAP_ATTR =TRUE
ETM_ATTR =TRUE
OPS_ATTR =TRUE
CLIMATE_ATTR =TRUE
ANDAUTO_ATTR =TRUE
[FEATURE_EXTEND]

Version Info:

[Version]
AP_VER=7.4.8.2
CUSTM_PQ=5515
CUSTM_MQB=5515
UBOOT_VER=uboot_1.4.1
UIMAGE_VER=uImage_7.6.10
KERNL_VER=3.0.35
BT_VER = C210
VIPAP_VER=7.4.8.2
VIPBL_VER=2.0.5

Anyone willing to try? I've got a 1500km road trip coming up in the next two days, not willing to try just in case I lose the ability to play music!

Last edited:

gokturks

Banned
old firmware

This is new firmware

[Version]
AP_VER=7.4.8.2
CUSTM_PQ=5515
CUSTM_MQB=5515
UBOOT_VER=uboot_1.4.1
UIMAGE_VER=uImage_7.6.10
KERNL_VER=3.0.35
BT_VER = C210
VIPAP_VER=7.4.8.2
VIPBL_VER=2.0.5
[Upgrade]
PACK_TYPE=VW_PQ_PSS
BT=0
CODINGS=0

spicypiel

Ready to race!
Well this is proving to be Illusive. Doesn't help that so many firmwares are being tinkered with and mislabeled.

Edit: doesn't help speeding ant and gokturks disagree on the version reported in the tarball.

Wonder if there's any feature_extend parameters in the firmware just not enabled.

Last edited:

speeding_ant

Go Kart Newbie
XWell this is proving to be Illusive. Doesn't help that so many firmwares are being tinkered with and mislabeled.

Edit: doesn't help speeding ant and gokturks disagree on the version reported in the tarball.

Wonder if there's any feature_extend parameters in the firmware just not enabled.

I think it's just a misunderstanding his post layout (just saying 'old firmware' at the top isn't clear). Looks like gokturks posted a diff of the original firmware 5314 version in the first image as a comparison, his second version config is the same as the one I posted.

The firmware in the above post looks like it's a newer version than the 5515 firmware floating around.

speeding_ant

Go Kart Newbie
.....Dont try this pls my radio die ... restart is self and i cant re update 5314 always restarting and i dont know how i fixed this..

Try battery disconnect, see if that helps? But yeah that doesn't sound promising with this firmware version. What hardware are you running? No name 187B?

spicypiel

Ready to race!
Well that looks bad. Without JTAG or something to flash the firmware direct that's going to be less than fun. Not even sure if these radios have debug pins on the board.

spicypiel

Ready to race!
Guess this is the risk blind flashing firmware with no way to factory reset back to something stable. I wouldn't know where to start to save a unit that can't stay stable enough to get to the firmware upgrade screen.

gokturks

Banned
Guess this is the risk blind flashing firmware with no way to factory reset back to something stable. I wouldn't know where to start to save a unit that can't stay stable enough to get to the firmware upgrade screen.
if unit not restart self i can flashing back but keep restarting :( omg