GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OEM Euro LED tail lights - what if they diodes go out?

bluedoggiant

Go Kart Newbie
Just had an LED light fail on me (aftermarket turn signal) and I was thinking, what if one of the diodes in the euro LED tails go out? Are we shit out of luck to replace each diode individually? or even one out of the four lights since we are in NA?

zrickety

The Fixer
Leds typically outlast most lights, but if you have one go bad you'll need to disassemble the tail light and try to solder a new one in. Not impossible but probably not easy either.

bluedoggiant

Go Kart Newbie
Leds typically outlast most lights, but if you have one go bad you'll need to disassemble the tail light and try to solder a new one in. Not impossible but probably not easy either.

I agree, but since one of my LED turn signals went out I just got concerned about the likelihood of it happening to an LED that is not as easy to replace, should it happen.

I wonder where you would even be able to find a replacement diode should you be up to the task of disassembling the tail light and soldering one in.

I agree, but since one of my LED turn signals went out I just got concerned about the likelihood of it happening to an LED that is not as easy to replace, should it happen.

I wonder where you would even be able to find a replacement diode should you be up to the task of disassembling the tail light and soldering one in.

They are standard automotive LEDs and can be found a million places online. I'm sure you will have no problem finding one that matches the OEM LED tails to about 97% of the original. That said, don't buy LEDs from places like autoparts stores and cheap amazon links since they are just general LEDs and not upto OEM grade.

That is why when it comes to our LED tails, you go OEM or Hella (Depo).