GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Off-Topic Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
ESPN is running lots of Michael Jordan clips, if he played now given the current rules I wonder what his nightly stats would be. Fouls are called now for even looking at someone.

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
I never knew HTC makes beats by dr.dre now, not Monster anymore.

If you get a chance, read about how monster and dr.dre got together on beats by dre. Its on gizmodo, its a LONG article but a very interesting read.

alright, wel im gone now, just got in bed.

I will. I made a point to get my bbd while still made by monster. Im pretty sure htc will eff it up

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Good morning gents (and females).

I'm going to start offering more technical advice instead of trolling. My brain needs a bit of stimulation.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Which intake is best? I'll just walk myself out.

Honestly?

High End Power - Straight through RAM Air style (VWR, APR, Modshack, etc.)

Low End (More Torque, Less High RPM Power) - VWR Drop In

No filter on a stick due to heat absorption and keep the MAF stock located :)

Done.

I approve this message.

Why am I so bad at writing cover letters? I feel like I'm bragging about myself :(

Cover letters are a hit or miss. Normally, when I'm reading them I can TELL who's put some thought into it, or those who absolutely are pouring on the thickness to just "get the job". Simple, sweet, and confident...but not boisterous is key.

We can review if you'd like.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
yeah seriously. i really need to go to bed.

trying to go to bed is nearly impossible when you are in a mood to listen to music, and have beats by dre on your head.

im convinced i hear things on these headphones ive never heard in songs before. its amazing how good they are.

Not to rain on your parade, but if you are looking for ultimate clarity and neutrality then beats are basically entry level headphones. They're made to accentuate bass and vocals to make hip-hop sound the way consumers seem to like it i.e. they are the headphone equivalent of the people whose cars you can hear rattling every piece of plastic from all the bass as they drive by.

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
ESPN is running lots of Michael Jordan clips, if he played now given the current rules I wonder what his nightly stats would be. Fouls are called now for even looking at someone.

finally, someone else has a brain in this world!!!

everyone gives me a hard time when i tell them Jordan would absolutely destroy the league these days with how fouls are called and what not. back when he played there wasn't half as many fouls called. if you look at all the highlight reels of him, he gets fouled a ton when he dunked, and did layups that WEREN'T called. nowadays he would shoot like 40 free throws a game with the way they call fouls.

Most people just tell me im a Lebron hater. which, i do hate Lebron, but that's besides the point. Lebron will not, and cannot do what Jordan did. Lebron is good, but not THAT good. Personally i like Kevin Durant better than Lebron.

Skipdr

Go Kart Champion
Not to rain on your parade, but if you are looking for ultimate clarity and neutrality then beats are basically entry level headphones. They're made to accentuate bass and vocals to make hip-hop sound the way consumers seem to like it i.e. they are the headphone equivalent of the people whose cars you can hear rattling every piece of plastic from all the bass as they drive by.

This is true. You can get better headphones for the same price.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion

rblgti

Go Kart Champion
One of my friends is having another house party, and we always theme them up for him, but I'm having a hard time thinking of something.

Suggestions?

Cover letters are a hit or miss. Normally, when I'm reading them I can TELL who's put some thought into it, or those who absolutely are pouring on the thickness to just "get the job". Simple, sweet, and confident...but not boisterous is key.

We can review if you'd like.

Yeah, and I'm a girl so I'm naturally gonna start thinking about it too much. I'm gonna try and keep it simple and to the point, I guess.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion

You just rained on his parade.

finally, someone else has a brain in this world!!!

everyone gives me a hard time when i tell them Jordan would absolutely destroy the league these days with how fouls are called and what not. back when he played there wasn't half as many fouls called. if you look at all the highlight reels of him, he gets fouled a ton when he dunked, and did layups that WEREN'T called. nowadays he would shoot like 40 free throws a game with the way they call fouls.

Most people just tell me im a Lebron hater. which, i do hate Lebron, but that's besides the point. Lebron will not, and cannot do what Jordan did. Lebron is good, but not THAT good. Personally i like Kevin Durant better than Lebron.

^see I think it's the complete opposite of what you are saying. I think a good analogy would be put Adrian Peterson on the football field when people wore leather helmets with no face asks... He'd be unstoppable. Go the other way around and put somebody like Gale Sayers or Jim Brown in today's game and how well would they do?

Today's game has bigger stronger brutes and Jordan's finesse wouldn't get him as far as it did in the 90's. More fouls are being called vs 20 years ago because the game has gotten extremely physical. Conversely, LeBron playing in the 90's would be interesting given how well he does against todays bigger stronger athletes.

Status
Not open for further replies.