GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Chicagoland Chat Thread: Now with 150% More Daily Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Yep thats the one. We were at the other end of the lot and someone thought it might be Fish.

You know AJ? (First photo)

Oh, it was that exact black S2K with the purple wheels? I thought it was the one in the picture you posted that you saw. If it's the black one with purple wheels, that's not Richard unless he happened to be driving it. What day was it? I know there was a recent event, it might've even been Import Alliance, where Nick had both his Caddy and S2K there. Maybe Fisher was driving it then? And I don't know AJ. I found those pictures on the "Seen It!" FB page.

Just ordered a bsh torque mount insert, wonder how much of a difference it will make with my car

You should feel a slight difference. Not the full effect that you'd feel with the dogbone mount, but also quite a bit cheaper. Although DSG does have crisp shifts; I've heard some people say it's more noticeable with 6MT. Either way, it's not a waste IMO.

Muskie

Go Kart Champion
Oh, it was that exact black S2K with the purple wheels? I thought it was the one in the picture you posted that you saw. If it's the black one with purple wheels, that's not Richard unless he happened to be driving it. What day was it? I know there was a recent event, it might've even been Import Alliance, where Nick had both his Caddy and S2K there. Maybe Fisher was driving it then? And I don't know AJ. I found those pictures on the "Seen It!" FB page.

Yeah it was that black one. Didn't have the purple wheels on it. I think it was back in early June at one of the Club FR meets on I-90.

michal

Go Kart Champion
Just ordered a bsh torque mount insert, wonder how much of a difference it will make with my car
I was for my 10k service today in the MP dealership and Ryan installed the BSH torque mount insert for me. So far I felt only a slight vibration when going to a complete stop but have not had a chance to test it out for different conditions (hard acceleration, etc)

Last edited:

Muskie

Go Kart Champion
Michal - Please keep us updated with that. I am considering that mount myself, but also with the Pendulum mount. Some research also makes me wanna save up and get the whole set. My intake moves around so much. I need some T-Bolt clamps or something.

michal

Go Kart Champion
I think I was asking Ryan about the other mounts inserts before and he told me they're not as important as this one, and not worth the price. But you should ask Ryan about them if you want to be sure. I just did what he suggested.

Muskie

Go Kart Champion
Will do. I was just checking out your build thread, what grill do you have on there now? I don't remember from when I saw you at PAF that morning.

I'm on the fence about my grill. I like it but I don't

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Well pounce on that shit, Michal and let us know how it is mang! lol... how bad is the vibration? its noticeable over your exhaust?

michal

Go Kart Champion
Will do. I was just checking out your build thread, what grill do you have on there now? I don't remember from when I saw you at PAF that morning.

I'm on the fence about my grill. I like it but I don't
Right now I have a stock grill with blacked out stripes (I used gloss black vinyl) The grille I have in the first few pictures (black with chrome stripes at the bottom) is for sale. I'm waiting for the response from a guy who is interested in buying it for$80. I've had this grille on my car maybe for 3 weeks buy I decided to take it off. I did not like how it did not match the lower honeycomb grille.

Muskie

Go Kart Champion
If that falls through I might be interested. I wanna see what it looks like on CSG though....

michal

Go Kart Champion
Well pounce on that shit, Michal and let us know how it is mang! lol... how bad is the vibration? its noticeable over your exhaust?
I haven't not tested it too much today. But I have a DSG as you know so probably you could feel some differences in your cars. Like I said there is a noticeable vibration when coming to complete stop with the DSG. I even don't know how it feels in reverse. I'll report when I drive a little more. But I think Ryan can tell much more cause he also has it installed in his GTI.

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
does anyone know how to take apart the stock xenon headlights so that i can paint the insides of them black and the halo white?

michal

Go Kart Champion
^I'm not sure if it's possible with the xenon headlights but I've seen someone's build with the painted halogen housing and the purple halo. If I find it, I'll post it in our thread. But I think it can be risky.

Status
Not open for further replies.