GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Greater Toronto Area (GTA) Chat Thread

nik

Go Kart Champion
I have to get a set also. My PIAA Plasma ion Yellow's just blew on the drivers side. I've been using them as DRL's though...so I may add LEDs.

What have you found?

I had put Phillips crystal visions extreme/ ultra or something on my old car as well as parent's car albeit for Headlights. They were the better alternative to those sylvania blue ones. Mazda protege guys used to swear by them As they lasted much longer. Not sure if they're available in yellow though. I know Costco used to carry them at one point.

Sent from the crapper using Fapatalk

forwardlean

Go Kart Champion
I ended up buying the PIAA xtreme white H8's and wedge bulbs (for the side markers and city lights) off amazon. I did not get a deal.

forwardlean

Go Kart Champion
Nice. That's a great price, but I'd be curious to know how long they last you. Are you running fogs as DRL? I had those PIAA yellow ones as DRL for a solid 50,000 km...about 3 years.

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Nice. That's a great price, but I'd be curious to know how long they last you. Are you running fogs as DRL? I had those PIAA yellow ones as DRL for a solid 50,000 km...about 3 years.

Nah - I run my LED DRLs, but I do use the fog lights fairly often. They've (the fog lights) been on most of the time for the last 160,000 km; they treated me well to say the least, lol.

I'm curious to see how the white ones look like, though.

Lös Gehts

Ready to race!

I've had my Nokya yellows in for 8 months no issues yet, paid $25 at Pacific mall. I did F-Up trying to put them in by twisting in the wrong direction,and I did hit them on the edge of the housing trying to get them in the hole, I've read in other posts where if they scrape anything or you touch the bulb lens it will lessen the lifespan, we'll see how long they last me at least I know how to do it now. I have them set as Drl's. Nokya says they have a reduced lifespan compare to OEM and guarantee for 1yr.

As a side note, back when I had my car in for service at Owasco they told me my fog light burnt out and they could put a new one in for me, but would have to order it, I said you don't stock bulbs? no they said it was the whole unit that needs replacing at $218.00 you cant just change bulbs, needless to say with those tactics I haven't been back, this fourm is must a have for educating yourself about your car.

forwardlean

Go Kart Champion
Nah - I run my LED DRLs, but I do use the fog lights fairly often. They've (the fog lights) been on most of the time for the last 160,000 km; they treated me well to say the least, lol.

I'm curious to see how the white ones look like, though.

I will try to take some pictures. I managed to swap the city light bulbs and the side markers and they look to be almost the same as the HID's, which is nice. The fogs seem slightly more yellow in the day light, but I will try to get some night time shots.

I totally forgot you had a '12...I wish I had the LED DRL. I've been driving around with no DRL for a few weeks now with the burnt bulbs.

I've had my Nokya yellows in for 8 months no issues yet, paid $25 at Pacific mall. I did F-Up trying to put them in by twisting in the wrong direction,and I did hit them on the edge of the housing trying to get them in the hole, I've read in other posts where if they scrape anything or you touch the bulb lens it will lessen the lifespan, we'll see how long they last me at least I know how to do it now. I have them set as Drl's. Nokya says they have a reduced lifespan compare to OEM and guarantee for 1yr.

As a side note, back when I had my car in for service at Owasco they told me my fog light burnt out and they could put a new one in for me, but would have to order it, I said you don't stock bulbs? no they said it was the whole unit that needs replacing at $218.00 you cant just change bulbs, needless to say with those tactics I haven't been back, this fourm is must a have for educating yourself about your car.

That's crazy talk.

fredf

Go Kart Champion
Motorfabrik

Was just there this morning for my 5 year service.
Once again they were prompt, reasonably priced and easy to deal with.

nik

Go Kart Champion
Is anyone else seeing those annoying spam messages? Or is it just me?

Sent from the crapper using Fapatalk

[droc]

Passed Driver's Ed
curious if any of you have had your timing chain tensioner replaced? i'm mostly looking at those who have done it out of warranty. what were your costs?

I'm running up around 105k and thinking I should consider this as my next preventative maintenance step.

Kato

Ready to race!
wow...that driver was an idiot. I wish our system would remove his/her driver license for a long time for punishment.