GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Punk Rock thread....

joeeee

Ready to race!

i seriously listened to all that in high school too.

jmlivid

Go Kart Champion
yep - i kinda liked it.. then again, i also listen to ... fall out boy (used to play with Pete Wentz's hardcore bands, btw)... and Taking Back Sunday.... guilty pleasures... yes, I know its extremely gay to do so, but hey, i admit it.

LuLz...Nice man. I guess I have to come out of the closet and admit they do have a song or two. One of the craziest shows I saw was Dayglo in a small pizza shop. I'm talking pizza by the slice kind of place, I think ten foot pole opened for them. There was a local band there as well, the lead singer comes out in a bear costume, then strips down to a ballet dress ( tootoo?) then full monty and lights his pubes on fire...epic.

mundocalderon

Passed Driver's Ed
there isn't any new 'punk rock'. the format was exhausted decades ago and the movement was over around 1989 or 90.. anyone claiming to be a punk band now is essentially a cover band.

that being said i used to listen to a LOT of the following:

RKL, Govt. Issue, Misfits, Stooges, Bad Religion (suffer is possibly one of my favorite records of all time), TSOL, and of course, Black Flag. What I loved the most about those old records was the artwork. I'm talking vinyl: 7"s, etc. and the posters and fliers as well.

There's still a buncha bands out there that are punk as fuck and aren't just a rehash of previous bands, like Ceremony and Trash Talk. Both started just playing hardcore shows but now have molded into new things.

Just saw Negative Approach play with DYS in Long Beach. NA dudes gotta be nearing 50s and it was still fucking awesome. DYS on the other hand . . . they're having fun.

Cocksparrer in the city was fucking sick too. I left before Rancid played, ha.

Saw The Nerves play a few months ago, thats more like powerpop though.

mundocalderon

Passed Driver's Ed
TSOL, misfits (during the Glenn Danzig years only) and Minor Threat are my favorites. Anyone else into psychobilly? It's a combination of punk and 50's rockabilly, basically punk with an upright bass. i.e. The Meteors, Reverend Horton Heat. Psychobilly shows are the best I've ever been to.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

tbh, i can't seriously listen to psychobilly, but The Gun Club is EASILY one of my favorite bands. Fire of Love is waaaayyy too good. Jeffrey Lee Pierce is backed hard.

jmlivid

Go Kart Champion
TSOL, misfits (during the Glenn Danzig years only) and Minor Threat are my favorites. Anyone else into psychobilly? It's a combination of punk and 50's rockabilly, basically punk with an upright bass. i.e. The Meteors, Reverend Horton Heat. Psychobilly shows are the best I've ever been to.

Minor threat=awesome. Psychobilly is pretty sweet. I saw the Reverend play a few times. Killer shows.

VINNY1

Ready to race!
One more old guy here. I saw too many bands to list. Unfortunately none lately.
Work taking up too much of my time. Shit, I really can't think of the last punk/hc show that I saw. Probably Iggy a couple of years ago, and yes Iggy is and always will be punk rock.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

jmlivid

Go Kart Champion
I actually just saw Social Distortion again a couple months back. I think they fall into the punk genre. Great time, a total piss up.

And I have to agree Iggy is one of the originals.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
what bands were you in?

Kungfu Rick
HeWhoCorrupts
Authority Abuse

^ those were the most notables. The last one was more older school punk, and we did a split with some band that had also done a split with the misfits, lol.. can't remember the name right now, but the singer had become a friggin' DJ or something.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Maybe another thread would be -what bands were you in and who have you played with/opened for, lol

swervinVI

Ready to race!
Minor threat=awesome. Psychobilly is pretty sweet. I saw the Reverend play a few times. Killer shows.

I've seen RHH four times and they're always awesome. The south Florida music scene is pretty terrible, but luckily they always come down here to perform.

xxmagnusxx

Ready to race!
Iggy is one of the forefathers of punk! Just saw him in Dec in Hollywood with the Stooges. It was fan-f*ck***-tastic! Opened up the set with Raw Power!!

VINNY1

Ready to race!
Yeah, Social D. is coming in Sep. maybe I'll go. I don't think I ever saw them, but alot of my past is a blur.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Yeah, Social D. is coming in Sep. maybe I'll go. I don't think I ever saw them, but alot of my past is a blur.

I saw them at the Metro with the Screaming Trees in 1990