GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oil Change DIY

lolo.gti

LoLo.GTI.2011
The engine warms up much faster, and responds better to the throttle. Whether this is placebo, due to fresh oil or because it's a better oil, I don't know. :p

It definitely sounds smoother, though, and is more responsive.

I recently did an oil change myself with the latest Castrol motor oil (got it from a VW dealership in Ottawa, ON).

Similar result, the "high" idle speed dropped a little after a min (parked outside overnight for 8+ hrs, ambient temp was about 18 deg C)

waver

Would anyone in the Greater Vancouver Area know where / which website to order @ the lowest price?

legandrex

Ready to race!
2x4s in front of the ramps works, and IIRC, Rhino has a longer-profile ramp available as well.

Haven't changed the oil in my gti yet but I have to use a few 2x4's to pre-raise my Mach 1 before my rhino ramps. Even with that it is very close. Have a spotter if possible to make sure they aren't sliding or moving as you are driving up on them. My wife has gotten pretty good at knowing what to watch for.

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion
Read a few different answers on this question but ... what is the correct torque to put on the drain plug for the mk6 GTI? 20? 25?

McQueen77

Banned
Read a few different answers on this question but ... what is the correct torque to put on the drain plug for the mk6 GTI? 20? 25?

hand tighten until its tight enough. ive never used torque specs and there is no leak, all is well. dont overdo it

A_Bowers

22 lb-ft

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

t0eknee

Passed Driver's Ed
What are everyone's thought's on using a topside oil changer to suck the oil out? That way you dont have to get under to undo the plug.

Granted on my Golf the filter is on the bottom so I'd still have to get under it.