GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oil supply line gasket?

timneedscoffee10

Go Kart Champion
So after my F23T install, I have a very small oil drip that's driving me insane.

There's no oil where the return line meets the turbo, so it's not there - and I replaced the gasket, bolts, and retorqued where the return line meets the engine - so I'm confident it's not that.

There's not oil from above - so that leads me to where the oil supply line connects to the engine.

I installed a brand new line when I did my F23T ... the connection on the supply line is a banjo bolt on top of the turbo, and an insert with an O-ring that goes into the block, and is secured with a single M6x1.0x16 XZN8 bolt.

Today I replaced that bolt and added a split-lock washer, and torqued it down as snug as I could - but the leak is still there.

I'm wondering if the line either 1) has a bad o-ring, or 2) needs a gasket that I'm not aware of?

Unless anyone has a better idea - in going to put a bead of Permatex Ultra Synthetic around it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

FriggenT1

Banned
Maybe that cut out gasket stuff? Those banjo bolts have always been a real pita in my limited experience with building a few motors and such.

bigturbonyc

Ready to race!
Can you see oil from the feed out of the block? Make sure the gasket for the return is on correctly.

Also even though you say it's not leaking there's 2 crush washers for the feed at the banjo on the turbo.

timneedscoffee10

Go Kart Champion
Can you see oil from the feed out of the block? Make sure the gasket for the return is on correctly.

Also even though you say it's not leaking there's 2 crush washers for the feed at the banjo on the turbo.

When you say "on correctly" - how do you mean? There's no obvious orientation for it... On the return-line-to-engine, the clips are on top and facing the line.

And yes - both washers are on the banjo, and crushed.

bigturbonyc

Ready to race!
When you say "on correctly" - how do you mean? There's no obvious orientation for it... On the return-line-to-engine, the clips are on top and facing the line.

And yes - both washers are on the banjo, and crushed.

I've had to fix a return gasket where you had one bolt through the gasket and the other was crooked. If both tabs don't look crooked then it's fine.

timneedscoffee10

Go Kart Champion
Don't be. Removing the oil lines from the engine is not a normal part of the install. I just replaced the lines entirely.

Last edited: