GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pledge to volkswagen

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
y so many ppl want dsg? i had a dsg for a yr and it was just buttons behind the steering wheels to select gears into and the fact that u have to wait for like .5 sec for the shift to happen didnt impress me at all, most of the time, i dont even bother with it and throw it back to "D" mode.

If anything, i will go for Scirocco R with stick. now thats sexy :)

thats nice

McQueen77

Banned
Did you read any of the posts at all? :lol:

To reiterate for the literally challenged: DSG is faster, but no way is it a full half second per upshift faster. I'd put money on it.

great, thanks for some more subjective opinions based on what a stud you are with a manual transmission. neat, you'd put money on it. i'd put money based on a vast majority of your posts that you have a learning disability, but i can't prove it.

unless you are a pro test driver, you can't shift nearly as fast. if you think you can, make a video and time it, or STFU:clap:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
great, thanks for some more subjective opinions based on what a stud you are with a manual transmission. neat, you'd put money on it. i'd put money based on a vast majority of your posts that you have a learning disability, but i can't prove it.

unless you are a pro test driver, you can't shift nearly as fast. if you think you can, make a video and time it, or STFU:clap:

YOU JUST DONE BLOWN SHIT UP :clap:

McQueen77

Banned
Care to make a wager or just keep running your mouth?

$50 PayPal Gift says I can upshift faster than 0.508 seconds (or less than half a second slower than DSG's .008)...

$50? right. how about you just do it and stop running your mouth? we're waiting on your videos michael schumacher

Shini

Go Kart Champion
Ladies...Ladies...Really? $50? $5?! -- Lets see it go for pink slips.

McQueen77

Banned
Scared mcqueen is scared, how about $5? :cool:

no one wants to give you $50 for some homemade iPhone video 'proving' you can shift that fast. and you don't want to fork over $50 when we say there are flaws in your video. 3rd to 4th? yes, i can shift that fast too. 1st to 2nd and esp 2nd to 3rd, no way. also, you can't powershift if the bet is going to go down. why? because that is no real world application for that unless your mission is to destroy your transmission. gotta be normal shifting for an accurate comparison, which means you have to have a camera shooting your feet and another camera showing tach.

DummyBear

Ready to race!
Ladies...Ladies...Really? $50? $5?! -- Lets see it go for pink slips.

pink slips or go home !!!!! lol :dnftt:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Since this all blew up anyway, I'm going to come out from behind the couch and stick a foot into the spiraling vortex:

Shifting preferences aside -

People mod their cars to gain that extra 1/2 second, one second, whatever the case may be...
That being the case - I'm sure there are a number of enthusiasts who opt for the "mod" of a DSG for it's timed advantages.

Some probably hate to give up their manuals but do it anyway.
Some would never give up their manuals for any advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.